Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 
Bettafish

questions..and some pondering

Okay here we go first question is. Are the green balls on my shrimps abdoman area eggs? or food?

Im thinking eggs. But if it is food then thats amazing because theres like 15 of em.

Then i began to ponder...and question...

First, Could you imagine that when breeders began to breed bettas that they achieved the various fin colors we know today. but in doing so they turned of the gene for fin regrowth? that would just suck >.>

That brings me to another question. If you could have any color or pattern on your betta what would u take? it can be anyyyything.
- I think id like an all orange betta with black stripes on the body and black rays through the fins. so he would be a tiger betta :D
- or maybe a betta that is all pink.
- OHHHH how about one that has various shades of red yellow and orange and he looked like a flame :D omg that be awsome

Also as i am going through fin rot and a mild bacteria infection.
When you change the water. why does the bacteria get weaker and go away? and dont say because its the aq salt. cause it isnt. i havnt used any and hes doing fine.
THink about it. if it was the same for humans and u got...i think the equivlent would be a rash... and u just exposed it to fresh air and it goes away wouldnt that be cool?

And i think that is it
Bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #2 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Okay here we go first question is. Are the green balls on my shrimps abdoman area eggs? or food?

Im thinking eggs. But if it is food then thats amazing because theres like 15 of em.
Ghost shrimp spawn readily — and often — in the aquarium. It’s common to see females carrying masses of 20 to 30 pinhead-sized, green eggs between the swimmerets underneath their tails. The swimmerets paddle to bring oxygen to the eggs, which hatch in about three weeks. At that time, the female will use her swimmerets to disperse the baby shrimp into the water column. But you should not expect to be successful raising the babies. Young ghost shrimp go through a larval form. They are very tiny and free-swimming. They don’t even have legs yet — they have swimmerets (padlike appendages on the underside of the tail) that help them swim. The larvae live in the water column, eating infusoria and microscopic plankton for a few days, before molting and settling down as miniature shrimp. Because of this, any ghost shrimp youngsters not eaten by fish will starve in aquariums — which are much too clean to provide sufficient food. Power filters can also be murder, literally, to young ghost shrimp.

Then i began to ponder...and question...

First, Could you imagine that when breeders began to breed bettas that they achieved the various fin colors we know today. but in doing so they turned of the gene for fin regrowth? that would just suck >.>
I don't think they can eliminate the long finned variety, but they do breed short finned ones, plakats, along with wild-types which are short finned. There are too many variables at this point to be able to do that.. The dominant traits for a betta are red, opaque, turquoise, steel, royal, butterfly, marble, Veil tail, and crowntail. The recessive traits are black, yellow, orange, Halfmoon, double tail, and plakat. When people started breeding bettas for the first time they only had short fins.. as wild betta splendens are short finned.. so technically they couldn't really turn it off, but instead what they did was create it while creating the colors.

That brings me to another question. If you could have any color or pattern on your betta what would u take? it can be anyyyything.
They have just about every option outside of spots and stripes, and it's the luck of the draw what the patterns come out as. I like the whites personally.. a white with a red or blue tie would be pretty.

- or maybe a betta that is all pink.
- OHHHH how about one that has various shades of red yellow and orange and he looked like a flame :D omg that be awsome
Are you on a sugar high?

Also as i am going through fin rot and a mild bacteria infection.
When you change the water. why does the bacteria get weaker and go away? and dont say because its the aq salt. cause it isnt. i havnt used any and hes doing fine.
Bacteria tends to need certain water conditions to thrive... you keep changing the water in the tank (daily as recommended for rot) then you are creating a sterile environment at which the bacteria can't really do much in. There are two types of fin rot - fungal and bacterial. I am at a loss of what you mean by him having a mild bacteria infection, how so? What does it look like?

THink about it. if it was the same for humans and u got...i think the equivlent would be a rash... and u just exposed it to fresh air and it goes away wouldnt that be cool?
A lot of rashes do go away by just keeping the area clean, without the use of medicated creams.

And i think that is it

Last edited by Myates; 08-12-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #3 
Bettafish

He has fin rot.
Also what i think is a bacterial infection. Its a bunch of red all over him
Bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote