Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #121 
LynnO

What is the info on the YMCA that allowed their tank to get this bad? And what is the name of the guy who lied to you? Post that info, so we can all educate them (nicely, of course).
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #122 
LynnO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Here is a pic of Crimson I just took.and his new tank!!

Crimson looks GREAT!! Good for you!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #123 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He looks great and love the tank, he is going to be so happy in there. that blue light is cool !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #124 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
What is the info on the YMCA that allowed their tank to get this bad? And what is the name of the guy who lied to you? Post that info, so we can all educate them (nicely, of course).
I don't know the name of the person, they haven't told me that, but everytime I ask who is going to do it from now on..they say they don't know..I already told them to just take out the last of the fish..and clean it out (if they don't know what clean out is) I told them siphon out all the water and just leave it, cuz it's not safe for any fish..so since I haven't been there since Thurs of last week, I assume it's still nasty as all he**

Even the Director of Services, said, If I knew of anyone who knew Water chemistry send them their way..then i go and get sick..So I couldn't do anything..well we'll see tommorow..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #125 
lelei

Wow, do females have "Beards" when they flare..I may have all males..I got Pompom to flare, and I saw male features..??? Confused..I will show the pix they are on my cell, harder to load..ughh
Old 08-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #126 
lelei

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
He looks great and love the tank, he is going to be so happy in there. that blue light is cool !
That originally was the tank I wanted for Sammy but they ran out..so Now I have it for Crimson..altho I could switch..but I think Sammy loves his home tooo much..It has 3 light features, that dark blue is Moonlight, then there is all white, and a combo of the 2.. I cannot wait to see him in it, he's a big fishy
Old 08-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #127 
LynnO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Uh, yeah you can get arrested and charged for stealing ANYTHING. If someone wants to prosecute you for it, the police can arrest you.
I did read the thread and did not find any posting that stated she 1st asked the employee for the fish.
Stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter the value of the object. It is still against the law. In fact, the only time the value of the object matters is when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony for grand theft.
I hear what you are saying , and I (as I'm sure others) would be more than happy to pay that YMCA $3.99 for the missing Betta.

Having said that, do not ever doubt the power of social media. Imagine this entire incident from start to finish in the news. Prosecution for theft of a very sick $3.99 Betta fish from a filthy, neglected tank that just happens to be located in a national charitable organization that has a Casue Statement of: "To strengthen the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility."

Clearly, in that location, they are lacking on most every aspect of their "Cause".
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #128 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I'm all for saving animals.
But I feel you need you educate these employees before going and STEALING their fish. This isn't rescuing. It is against the law and you could be charged with it. Did you even bother to think about that?
I did think about it, and I told them that all the fish were dying, and no one did anything to help them, and I also told them, that if something wasn't done I would be able to help them, and for the most part they said, go ahead, and I saw no one was going to do anything to help these fish, so I checked and checked day after day..and asked again is someone going to help these fish..no..no one can, no one did, no one cared..I wasn't going to leave em to die.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #129 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I hear what you are saying , and I (as I'm sure others) would be more than happy to pay that YMCA $3.99 for the missing Betta.

Having said that, do not ever doubt the power of social media. Imagine this entire incident from start to finish in the news. Prosecution for theft of a very sick $3.99 Betta fish from a filthy, neglected tank that just happens to be located in a national charitable organization that has a Casue Statement of: "To strengthen the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility."

Clearly, in that location, they are lacking on most every aspect of their "Cause".

Yes, Lynn..That is how I summed it up, when I sent my e-mail to the Director of Services and told her it sends a bad message to the community when your supposed to be showing caring, respect and responsibility..and they don't take that into consideration when having a "Community Room Aquarium" for all to see how it is being maintained, with dirty water, and sick, and half dying fish, this is not acceptable for our youth to think that this is how an aquarium is maintained, and needs cleaning and the fish need medical attention

..and they told me Petco helped them clean the tank, and again I showed pictures of the same filth, and the fish in worse condition, and sent another e-mail to the director of services, showing the pix again, and letting her know how bettas were not supposed to be housed together, in cold water, with goldfish, and other non compatible species..so with that..

I knew no one knew what they were doing, and again I was not going to allow the bettas to die, and also I told them if whomsoever wants them back, fine I will Rehab them first, and let that person come to me, and I will get them thier fish back, --do you really think someone will come foward to claim these fish???????????
Old 08-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #130 
LynnO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I don't know the name of the person, they haven't told me that, but everytime I ask who is going to do it from now on..they say they don't know..I already told them to just take out the last of the fish..and clean it out (if they don't know what clean out is) I told them siphon out all the water and just leave it, cuz it's not safe for any fish..so since I haven't been there since Thurs of last week, I assume it's still nasty as all he**

Even the Director of Services, said, If I knew of anyone who knew Water chemistry send them their way..then i go and get sick..So I couldn't do anything..well we'll see tommorow..
Is this the YMCA location? https://www.facebook.com/HaverhillYMCA
and http://www.northshoreymca.org/pages/...nformation.cfm

PS - I will not contact them unless you say it's okay :)