Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #131 
LynnO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Yes, Lynn..That is how I summed it up, when I sent my e-mail to the Director of Services and told her it sends a bad message to the community when your supposed to be showing caring, respect and responsibility..and they don't take that into consideration when having a "Community Room Aquarium" for all to see how it is being maintained, with dirty water, and sick, and half dying fish, this is not acceptable for our youth to think that this is how an aquarium is maintained, and needs cleaning and the fish need medical attention

..and they told me Petco helped them clean the tank, and again I showed pictures of the same filth, and the fish in worse condition, and sent another e-mail to the director of services, showing the pix again, and letting her know how bettas were not supposed to be housed together, in cold water, with goldfish, and other non compatible species..so with that..

I knew no one knew what they were doing, and again I was not going to allow the bettas to die, and also I told them if whomsoever wants them back, fine I will Rehab them first, and let that person come to me, and I will get them thier fish back, --do you really think someone will come foward to claim these fish???????????
Claim the fish? Nope. You DID THE RIGHT THING!!! In my opinion anyway :) Keep up the good work!!! And keep the fish :) They deserve you!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #132 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Is this the YMCA location? https://www.facebook.com/HaverhillYMCA
and http://www.northshoreymca.org/pages/...nformation.cfm

PS - I will not contact them unless you say it's okay :)
Yes, that is the one..You can..PM me..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #133 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Uh, yeah you can get arrested and charged for stealing ANYTHING. If someone wants to prosecute you for it, the police can arrest you.
I did read the thread and did not find any posting that stated she 1st asked the employee for the fish.
Stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter the value of the object. It is still against the law. In fact, the only time the value of the object matters is when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony for grand theft.
well i highly doubt these people give a hoot about a few sickly fish in an algae covered cesspool... in my opinion. and yes she may have taken these fish but , honestly, Robin hood stole from the rich to give to the poor (fictional or not i dont know)and people loved him for it.... peoplewrote things about him, and admire him, i dont see the difference , and she stole to help these little souls. i dont think in Gods eyes, that she actually broke one of the 10 commandments, in fact if she went to jail, for 3 fish, that cost like 3.99$, i think the judge would laugh and let her go. if anything in Gods eyes, she risked alot for those few little helpless suffering souls, and thats admirable .

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-13-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Profanity
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #134 
MistersMom

Can i contact them too :3
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #135 
Pilot00

Just a thought, that goldfish might be a celestial eye not having pop eye.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #136 
Jully

Smile No

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Uh, yeah you can get arrested and charged for stealing ANYTHING. If someone wants to prosecute you for it, the police can arrest you.
I did read the thread and did not find any posting that stated she 1st asked the employee for the fish.
Stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter the value of the object. It is still against the law. In fact, the only time the value of the object matters is when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony for grand theft.
I was reading this hole thread, and what she did was a good things most people help dogs and cats, feed fish to there pets as it's a joke but really they are gods living creatures too. A fish isn't exactly a "object" it's biotic, means living. She did ask them and they said "Go ahead" they didn't care, and they LIED that Petco helped them, who knows what they teach the children there.

She did nothing wrong, even if you steal "Nail polish" no on really cares since that is a store, these people lied to her, she offered to help, they ABUSED and NEGLECTED there animals infront of kids and said "It's cleaned" that's BS and I think there just as quility of what you called "Stealing" The people don't even care for these fish, they just let you have them, if the judge were to have this case in court I am 100% her side would win and she would be let go, nor get arrested. Most people say "it's just a fish" that's an excuse that will get ANYONE out of this.

Anyways, love the fish, what you did was amazing.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #137 
Jully

What happened to the goldfish, angel fish, lobster. I really feel so bad for those 3 the lobster should be rehomed some place were they do not eat lobster and keeps them as pets, the angel fish should be moved to someone who really loves angel fish, and the gold fish well, I would keep that little guy and try my best to help him.

Anyways, god bless you are amazing.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #138 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I hear what you are saying , and I (as I'm sure others) would be more than happy to pay that YMCA $3.99 for the missing Betta.

Having said that, do not ever doubt the power of social media. Imagine this entire incident from start to finish in the news. Prosecution for theft of a very sick $3.99 Betta fish from a filthy, neglected tank that just happens to be located in a national charitable organization that has a Casue Statement of: "To strengthen the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility."

Clearly, in that location, they are lacking on most every aspect of their "Cause".
In our "society" a fish is a fish.
The OP still would of been prosecuted should YMCA decided to press charges.
And if the OP DID ask permission why did she say she "stole" the fish. Stealing is stealing. Period.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #139 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jully View Post
I was reading this hole thread, and what she did was a good things most people help dogs and cats, feed fish to there pets as it's a joke but really they are gods living creatures too. A fish isn't exactly a "object" it's biotic, means living. She did ask them and they said "Go ahead" they didn't care, and they LIED that Petco helped them, who knows what they teach the children there.

She did nothing wrong, even if you steal "Nail polish" no on really cares since that is a store, these people lied to her, she offered to help, they ABUSED and NEGLECTED there animals infront of kids and said "It's cleaned" that's BS and I think there just as quility of what you called "Stealing" The people don't even care for these fish, they just let you have them, if the judge were to have this case in court I am 100% her side would win and she would be let go, nor get arrested. Most people say "it's just a fish" that's an excuse that will get ANYONE out of this.

Anyways, love the fish, what you did was amazing.
I think you need to study law more.
Yes, if you steal nail polish you WILL be prosecuted if the store decides to do so. A fish is an object in the eyes of society and the law. Compare an abused fish to that of an abused dog. In court action will be taken for the dog, not the fish.

It is sad but true.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #140 
xShainax

Wow fishyfishy89, you are really rude.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote