Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #14181 
Shirleythebetta

I don't think that is true. I guess thats because I am a romantic though. I think relationships are short because the two aren't compatible. It's a lust thing. When love hits it hits. I have been with my husband for 5 years now. Before that my longest relationship was only like 8 or 9 months. And sadly that was my first marriage.

Now that I have my husband I don't know how I ever saw anything in anyone else. All that took was for me to get away from the 'type' I was going after. I used to go after the baggy pants wearing, thinks he's ghetto but he's not, alchoholic, none working, womanizing, cheating.... ect. boys. I switched from that to a big 350 pound gorgeous rodeo cowboy (bull dogger) who works his tail off for the things he wants in an honest days work and that's what I needed. I just needed a change in type.

I may complain about habits but we all have bad habits. His goodness outweighs all of that in my eyes.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 08-13-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #14182 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I don't think that is true. I guess thats because I am a romantic though. I think relationships are short because the two aren't compatible. It's a lust thing. When love hits it hits
To be honest i wanted to say that too, but right now our friend needs to recover.

Most people cant tell the difference between love and lust.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #14183 
TheCrabbyTabby

Sometimes romance just isn't in the cards for some people, no matter what they do to make it otherwise. If I've learned anything, its that my life is better now that I'm unattached. I've never been the type to actually enjoy sacrificing my "Me" time for someone else. Call it selfish, call it immature, or what have you, but its always been a struggle for me to accept a new person into my life. I guess I am a little too comfy with where I am at, but meh, I like comfy. Its gotten me this far in life, why change the course?

Besides, why bother if things always ultimately never work out?

Sorry if I am sounding a little overly pessimistic. I've had my optimism torn from my being a long time ago. I guess I am just a glass half empty sort.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #14184 
Pilot00

They do say that a pessimist is a well informed optimist though

I wouldnt go the road of 'things always ultimately never work out' you just never know. Just as we like our space (yep i am on the same comfy boat as you) i am sure there are persons of the opposite sex to want a comfy relationship as well. It is a matter of timing really.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #14185 
TheCrabbyTabby

Well then, I must be very well informed then. ;)

I know that saying that "things never work out" was a bit dramatic, but its true. My life has always been riddled with let downs and disappointments of all shapes and sizes. I guess I've just come to expect it now.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #14186 
Shirleythebetta

Your right pilot. Venting is the best recovery. Just as long as they know the secret. When truly give up is often when u meet Mr. Right. Nothing wrong with a casual, Mr right-now sometimes either. Lol those can be fun
Old 08-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #14187 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Nothing wrong with a casual, Mr right-now sometimes either. Lol those can be fun
Make that a Mrs and you have a deal
Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #14188 
Shirleythebetta

Lol yes a pretty Mrs fer you!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #14189 
MadameDesu

I don't think it's necessarily better or worse to be single. If someone's comfortable on their own, either temporaririly or for life, then I say good on them. They know what they want.
Alternatively, if someone wants to meet someone and build up a life with said person, good on them as well.
It's about knowing what you want and what you can handle.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #14190 
Pilot00

True that we all know how it ends (either way) but been alone in your 20s is different from the 30s and different from your 50-60s and therein lies the limit. If you hit the 60s top and you are alone things are a bit awkward?
I value my privacy too much but i dont want to see myself 60years old and alone.
Except if i am into a house for old people and i have a wheel chair and stage speedruns.
And nice sexy nurses.

You know what? I want to be like that in my 60s now that i think of it :)