Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #14191 
MadameDesu

Yeah, that's why I made the distinction between temporary and life-long singleness.
A lot of people are fine with being single while they focus on their life, but would like to have a family someday. Nothing wrong with that.
Then there are some people that prefer to be single and never get married or involved in romantic relationships. That's fine too.
People are all so different and interesting :P
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #14192 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Sena I'm sorry you're going through this pain right now but at the risk of sounding cliche, things really do happen for a reason.

This wasn't meant to be a long term forever relationship if it ended this way. If you can't recover from an argument, there are obviously more underlying issues. It was probably just a good excuse for him to bow out. That is no reflection on you but a true reflection of his character if he doesn't have the decency to end the relationship properly. So he really did you a favor in the long run.

Take a nice break for yourself now and work on your most pressing issues. You'll find the person you're meant to be with when you least expect it.

I took a 10 year hiatus from serious relationships after a failed engagement and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I know 10 years is a long time but I was happy being single and apparently not ready to take the plunge in all that time.

And the best thing I learned over that long period of time was what I DIDN'T want. So now I've been with the best guy on the planet (in my humble opinion) for 7 years because he puts me first. And I him.

Hang in there and be good to yourself.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #14193 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 Romad. There have been times in my life when I wished I could have what everyone else has, a husband and family but it was never meant to be. I'm happy being single but I hate the idea of spending my life alone but I'll always have my fish and I'll get a dog. Lol. There are negatives and positives in relationships. I wouldn't want to be with somsone who wants his dinner at a certain time every night, tells me how to wear my hair (my mom does this) orthag I can't see my friends. But I know ghat not everyone is like that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #14194 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
+1 Romad. There have been times in my life when I wished I could have what everyone else has, a husband and family but it was never meant to be. I'm happy being single but I hate the idea of spending my life alone but I'll always have my fish and I'll get a dog. Lol. There are negatives and positives in relationships. I wouldn't want to be with somsone who wants his dinner at a certain time every night, tells me how to wear my hair (my mom does this) orthag I can't see my friends. But I know ghat not everyone is like that.
Exactly right. I wouldn't last 5 minutes with that type of person.

And I also don't want to be that person! If I wanted children, I would have had them.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #14195 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Yeah, that's why I made the distinction between temporary and life-long singleness.
A lot of people are fine with being single while they focus on their life, but would like to have a family someday. Nothing wrong with that.
Then there are some people that prefer to be single and never get married or involved in romantic relationships. That's fine too.
People are all so different and interesting :P
To be completely honest although the idea of awaking an old man and alone is too appalling to me. However marriage and children? ME? I simply dont have what it takes, i am not willing to make the sacrifices or take the responsibility. I am 28 years old and i have the mind of 10 year old (no offense to any resident meant) i will never mature.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #14196 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't ever want someone telling me what to do. I have enough of that crap with my mother.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #14197 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Rant: Inspired by above post.
I HATE MY DARK CIRCLES. I'm not even 20 yet and I have all these lines and dark patches under my eyes. I get plenty of sleep, so I don't know what's happening. They make me look sick and gross. I can't cover them up well because every concealer I've ever used just cakes up in the lines under my eyes.
UGH
Oh, your circles are caused by something else, and for the life of me, I cant recall what that is, but there is something you can do to fix them. Crap....

Oh Sena, god I just hate break-ups. Im very oh some call it dramatic, but its not drama for drama's sake, it venting. You have to go through all the steps and come out the other end. Hang in there. I think many people do find someone they think is it, but it isnt.

Its the codependency rearing its ugly head. Someplace inside, we recognize them as being perfect for us, but really we want to fix them and thus fix some old relationship with our care givers.

Its good to know when you are in like, lust, and love. Please dont get rid of your tanks and fish, hang in there, they give you love. They will fit in a smaller place, really they will!

I feel for you so much, I would go stark raving lunatic if they refused any contact. Closure needs to be done, and no contact isnt the way. IMHO. Did you ever see the movie Bridget Jones Diary?

Do what you feel, scream really loud, cry for hours, it will help, and EAT and Exercise!

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-13-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #14198 
Sena Hansler

Crabbytabby I didnt think you were mocking lol :)

As for what happened.. EVERYONE I talked to said he was planning it. Plus... I should have dumped him when I found his underage flirt chat with Meranda. But my stupid heart that cannot hold grudges shot down the smarts in me and kept it going. I shouldnt have. THAT was my mistake.

CHEATERS are PLAYERS and PLAYERS are LOSERS.

Besides. Flirting is more fun. >.>
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #14199 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
To be completely honest although the idea of awaking an old man and alone is too appalling to me. However marriage and children? ME? I simply dont have what it takes, i am not willing to make the sacrifices or take the responsibility. I am 28 years old and i have the mind of 10 year old (no offense to any resident meant) i will never mature.
I am the same way, Pilot. I am a 28 year old woman, going on 29 this coming November, though if you met me you'd think I going on 10 due to my maturity level some days. For the life of me, I can't see myself in a marriage, let alone adding kids to the mix. The idea of sharing my life, and my space with someone for the rest of my life seems daunting, but then when I think about it, I don't want to be the old lady down the street, alone, with no one but my pets to keep me from going stark raving insane from the sheer loneliness of it all.

I think they used to call that type of woman a spinster. Something that was often regarded as out of the ordinary. Women back then were supposed to grow up to be a good housewife and mother. That was their "ambition" in life.

I guess marriage has lost the stigma it once had, not that its completely lost its value though. Its just that some people find it more a convenience than anything, what with the divorce rates at an all time high and marriages ending so much sooner than ever.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #14200 
dramaqueen
Banned

True. Really, it's no wonder people choose to just live with someone rather than get married.

Tags
bettathanyou