Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1 
LegsKnees

New Member With Very First Betta!

Hello everyone! I'm a long time browser of this forum but a first time poster. I have been wanting a Betta for years, but have never gone out and got one until now.

I've done the research on their care and read about how wonderful your little Betta buddies are but I didn't truly realize until now how unique these fish are until I met this little man.

So, I'm proud to introduce Klaus...

He is extraordinarily feisty! He flares at his pellets before he eats them... oh and the bloodworms! Don't get me started on those! LoL He recognizes the bloodworm bottle. When I pick it up, he sits impatiently at the surface and jumps up trying to rip them out of my hand. Once it's in the water, he backs up and circles it like a shark...

...then out of nowhere... SPLASH! He attacks! He shakes that little worm like a crocodile doing a death roll. LoL

He follows me around the room and when I approach the tank, he wiggles and goes nuts!

If you put your finger on the glass, he slowly backs away from it, but when you pull your finger away, he flares and acts tough.

He likes to sit on his soft plastic plant, and insists on pooping on the leaves. (Hey, at least it's easier to clean!)

The pictures aren't clear, but he's pink and entirely see-through. His fins are also a fleshy pink but with red speckles and the very tips of his fins glow blue. His cheeks are ridiculously shiny... but that's the only part. LoL It's like he's wearing glitter blush.

Gorgeous little guy...

...but when he flares he looks like a Dilophosarus from Jurassic Park.

Unfortunately, no bubble nests yet. He has a line of bubbles single file along the very outside of the tank wall all around. Does that count? :)

Last edited by LegsKnees; 08-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.
LegsKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta's. Love your introduction and your new little beauty. I must warn you that you will be completely addicted and soon making daily rounds to you local pet stores. Enjoy your first Betta!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #3 
LegsKnees

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta's. Love your introduction and your new little beauty. I must warn you that you will be completely addicted and soon making daily rounds to you local pet stores. Enjoy your first Betta!!
Thanks! I know I'll be hooked. I'm already trying hard to resist getting another one. I want to get Klaus set up in a bigger planted tank first before worrying about #2 though.

Aren't you the one I saw here who rescued that tiny little guy with the tattered fins? That touched my heart.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

Very nice fishy! I loved your introduction! Sounds like a really cute guy!
I have a rooster named Klaus haha
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Welcome to the forum! Love your descriptive introduction! He sounds like an amazing fishy...glad you joined us!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #6 
Seki

Welcome and congrats on your little guy! He's absolutely adorable! And you never know, with some time and awesome care from you... he might color up on you! My first bettas, Sheik, was almost solid blue when I got him at the pet store. Within a week, he had colored up to a deeper, richer blue and his fins had become a vibrant red! My new boy, Drago (avatar fishy), hasn't really changed colors on me too much, but I think I got him pretty soon after he arrived at the pet store.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Welcome to the forum and congrats. on your new buddy Klaus. He sounds like one feisty boy :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #8 
LegsKnees

Thanks everyone! Nice meeting all of you.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #9 
Shadyr

Hah, like a Dilophosarus....I have one like that too. I swear his flare is about double the size of any of my other boys.

Gratz on your new fish, and I hope he has a wonderful life in your care!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote