Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #11 
Spazzfish

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid...ser=1840064011
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #12 
tpocicat

There will be a show in Santa Clara, Ca on Sept. 1-2. I want to go, I've been to two of their shows already. A lot of fun, but quite a drive from Fresno.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #13 
Coppermoon

tpocicat...Your IBC...who are you? :D PM if ya want. I'm Lori Green :D
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #14 
Enkil

That would be quite the drive for me... I'll have to see if the other half will go for it.

Was hoping that I could possibly start showing in the spring with my HMs... But it's supposed to get really hot today. Makes me worry about them. I'll probably be spending the next few days fussing over them to keep them cool.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #15 
tpocicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermoon View Post
tpocicat...Your IBC...who are you? :D PM if ya want. I'm Lori Green :D
Terry Pounds (female) I used to breed and show Ocicats, hence the name. Yes, I'm a member of IBC.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Can a person who isn't a breeder join the IBC?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #17 
tpocicat

Anyone that has an interest in bettas can join the IBC.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #18 
Pixielator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
I'm considering joining the IBC and showing. The showing part is a little intimidating to me since I have some social issues...

I actually have 1 fry left from one of my spawns... and a handful from a spawn I did on the side. >>
The single fry is from my unnamed male yellow dragon HMPK and Conchenn (yellow based marble HMPK female).
The others are from a dragon HM spawn.

I am being careful with the single fry. I don't want to cause any more stress yet than what he has already been through. Once I am sure he is nice and strong, I will take some pics of him.
The other spawn is not handling the heat too well, so I am experimenting with ways of keeping them in their comfort zone temps. So far so good. Both parents of this spawn are HM dragons. The male is black and the female was a black marble.

My other problem is that I now only have 2 females. One is a HM dragon geno (shows it quite well) who is very nicely balanced with a beautiful cadual. The other is my Conchenn. She is a very aggressive and has killed others... So she has a personal 10 gal tank now. The only male I have she has taken to is my yellow dragon.
I have a few males: 2 HM dragons, 1 yellow dragon HMPK, 1 metallic HMPK, 1 metallic marble HMPK, 1 marble DbT, and 1 true giant HMPK.

So.. Any tips would be welcome. ^_^
I feel your pain! lol. I don't have PTSD, so I can't say I completely understand what you're going through, but I'm terrible with people. Whenever I think that I might have to talk to someone who I don't know, I have to wear a jacket because I start to sweat. I'm slowly overcomming my social nervousness. I'm very self-aware, which is one of my problems, but its also a good thing, because thats how I'm able to slowly get better on my own.
I plan on participating in shows in the future too. But I probably won't be talking much if I decide to actually go to them. Actually I'll probably only be there long enough to look at all the fish, and then I'll leave, haha.

What does it mean if a fish is a yellow based marble? I know what a marble is, but what is a YELLOW BASED marble?
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #19 
Enkil

I think you'd like Conchenn. ^_^
Her main color is this nicely pale yellow. She has a bright yellow spot between her eyes. She also has very light mint green on her fins and in patches on her body. Her dorsal and cadual are both mostly a dark blood red. I really like her.
This is a video with her in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHysKbO2Sz8&feature=plcp She has more red in her dorsal and tail now and her mint green spots are more noticeable.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #20 
Pixielator

She's so beautiful! I love yellows and oranges. If you decide to breed her you should post pictures of the offspring.
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote