Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #11 
Meggie6347

Every betta is definitely different! But the female I keep in the 2 gallon is just as active as my male in the 5.5 gallon I definitely agree, though that if you can have a bigger betta tank that you should (except for the bettas that prefer smaller tanks), but bettas can live happy, active, healthy lives in smaller tanks as well
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #12 
athenr3134

umm stop feeding him twice a day!!! if you do that every day he will get lethargic and act funny. try to feed him twice a day 2-3 flakes, pellets or whatever you feed him or her. i started to do that when i got my betta and was told to not do that and fast for a day and he was fine the next day! :) i actually feed him the same days i feed my birds so hes happy as a lark oh wait that's a bird isn't it. happy as clam.. that's better they live in water lol also depending on the size of fish you want to feed him 2-3 for a large and 1-2 for a small and most likely 2 for medium sized one. if he looks bloated then reduce it by one morsel. oh and yes i am quoting lvandert who is also on this forum he has excellent advice!

Last edited by athenr3134; 08-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #13 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I feed my Betta twice a day and he is fine, they all are different though but so far he does fine with a feeding in the morning of 3 very small New Life Spectrum Betta pellets and 3 in the evening. Sounds like you are doing great !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenr3134 View Post
umm stop feeding him twice a day!!! if you do that every day he will get lethargic and act funny. try to feed him twice a day 2-3 flakes, pellets or whatever you feed him or her. i started to do that when i got my betta and was told to not do that and fast for a day and he was fine the next day! :) i actually feed him the same days i feed my birds so hes happy as a lark oh wait that's a bird isn't it. happy as clam.. that's better they live in water lol also depending on the size of fish you want to feed him 2-3 for a large and 1-2 for a small and most likely 2 for medium sized one. if he looks bloated then reduce it by one morsel. oh and yes i am quoting lvandert who is also on this forum he has excellent advice!
I feed my betta twice a day, and fast her every Sunday.
She gets 4 omega one pellets in the morning & 4 New life spectrum pellets for dinner. Shes not bloated whatsoever.

The newb advice is getting OLD.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote