Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #11 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I try to sneak up on mine with the net. Otherwise I'd be chasing them all over the tank which isn't good for them.
Yeah, me too...I try to sneak up on them so it's not a chase. Most of mine are pretty easy to cup...but Bandit is still pretty new, so he's skittish. I'm just happy he didn't get hurt like last time. All is well in "Fish World" here lol.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #12 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I'm a newbie so when I finally got a gravel vacuum that helped a lot. I also like those stick-on ammonia readers, even though I have a test kit also. I just change water any time that indicator barely even changes color. Today when I saw dead fish in cups at Petco and couldn't take any fish home, I just figured I would go home and make sure all my guys had really clean tanks instead. :/
I've only had bettas since June, and don't even have a full water test kit...just a PH kit...but, I do my water changes on schedule, and everyone is flourishing! And yes, I love having my gravel vac! I use stones in my tank now instead of gravel..I just like it, easier to keep the bottom clean.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Gravel Vacuums really do help. :) It's great all your Bettas are doing fine and are just plain healthy! Cups are WAY better than nets. Those can tear fins. ]: Cups don't. Hurray! I kept Lebron's pet store cup and helps. :]
Meanwhile over here, Lebron yawns too much. :l He's acting active and eats everything. Lol I guess I need to get a test kit. I'm cycling anyway. I already asked OFL about it and she said not to worry much. It's either there's something wrong, it's just what he does, or I taught it to him. I kinda imitate the puffer face and do that little fishy yawn. Whoops. D:
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #14 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Gravel Vacuums really do help. :) It's great all your Bettas are doing fine and are just plain healthy! Cups are WAY better than nets. Those can tear fins. ]: Cups don't. Hurray! I kept Lebron's pet store cup and helps. :]
Meanwhile over here, Lebron yawns too much. :l He's acting active and eats everything. Lol I guess I need to get a test kit. I'm cycling anyway. I already asked OFL about it and she said not to worry much. It's either there's something wrong, it's just what he does, or I taught it to him. I kinda imitate the puffer face and do that little fishy yawn. Whoops. D:
LOL@ your puffer face and fishy yawns! I try to cup all of my bettas. I kept all of their pet store cups too, and they are pretty easy. Bandit is just really new, so we are working on it. I hate to net them! I need to post updated pics of all five of them, but my camera batteries keep running low lol...dang fish are tough to photograph, and I'm fussy about pics!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

I know how hard pictures can be. I don't know how to download my camera's file into the computer so I always use my iPhone. ._. It's still pretty clear for a phone. :)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #16 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I know how hard pictures can be. I don't know how to download my camera's file into the computer so I always use my iPhone. ._. It's still pretty clear for a phone. :)
I just take my memory card out of my camera and snap it into the computer..I'm technologically challenged, so for me to do this is pretty surprising to those who know me! LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

Lol. If only I knew how to work with cameras. 8I I need a great camera and some micro lenses in a few years. I'm breeding soon. :L And I'm gonna make a spawn log. >.<
Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #18 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Lol. If only I knew how to work with cameras. 8I I need a great camera and some micro lenses in a few years. I'm breeding soon. :L And I'm gonna make a spawn log. >.<
My camera is pretty low tech..a Cannon, but it takes great pics when I have the battery power, and the fish cooperate! Cool news on breeding soon...I would be too overwhelmed to even think of breeding. My dogs, fish and hubby keep me very busy lol. I look forward to your spawn log!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #19 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
My camera is pretty low tech..a Cannon, but it takes great pics when I have the battery power, and the fish cooperate! Cool news on breeding soon...I would be too overwhelmed to even think of breeding. My dogs, fish and hubby keep me very busy lol. I look forward to your spawn log!
Yeah, I'll probably get a Nikon or something. :) Breeding is a lot work that's for sure. For forum members, it's going to be $5-$10. They're going to be breeding and probably show quality. Spawn log is comin soon...