Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #45131 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Grrrr. Apparently I didn't clean part of the tank well enough and the silicone didn't take it too well. But we got it on. Well.. if it blows it blows. If it's leaky, dad said he's not doing this again so I'll probably get my rats. >___>
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #45132 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Grrrr. Apparently I didn't clean part of the tank well enough and the silicone didn't take it too well. But we got it on. Well.. if it blows it blows. If it's leaky, dad said he's not doing this again so I'll probably get my rats. >___>
Too bad.... or too good... Don't know if you don't like rats... xD
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #45133 
djembekah

oh no Olympia :(
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #45134 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Just a post I found on facebook..... Makes me smile :)
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #45135 
eaturbyfill

Jake built a stand for the two aquariums we have been working on. I'm very proud of him. He made it entirely out of the scrap wood we had laying around. I'll upload pictures later!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #45136 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awww.
I like rats but I like fish more.

Soo.. Marineland is a marine park 4 hours away from my town. I've gone there at least 4 times in my life. More as a child. I don't really support keeping dolphins and such in captivity.. but this just brought me to tears. The facility is in shambles.. 7 out of 8 seals are blind. Walruses are almost blind. The sea lions are blind.. the male sea lion shook his head and part of his eye (the lens, a thick disk) fell out. The video showed a trainer petting a dolphin and it's skin was flaking off (like a sunburn, but from chemicals). This month a baby beluga was mauled for over two hours because no trainers were on duty to stop the attack, he died. I'm disgusted. This is just.. too much.
A bunch of trainers are quitting because there's nothing they can do, one had to quit on doctor's orders due to chemical damage from what they're putting in the water. This was like.. my childhood dream place.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #45137 
Htennek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Awww.
I like rats but I like fish more.

Soo.. Marineland is a marine park 4 hours away from my town. I've gone there at least 4 times in my life. More as a child. I don't really support keeping dolphins and such in captivity.. but this just brought me to tears. The facility is in shambles.. 7 out of 8 seals are blind. Walruses are almost blind. The sea lions are blind.. the male sea lion shook his head and part of his eye (the lens, a thick disk) fell out. The video showed a trainer petting a dolphin and it's skin was flaking off (like a sunburn, but from chemicals). This month a baby beluga was mauled for over two hours because no trainers were on duty to stop the attack, he died. I'm disgusted. This is just.. too much.
A bunch of trainers are quitting because there's nothing they can do, one had to quit on doctor's orders due to chemical damage from what they're putting
in the water. This was like.. my childhood dream place.
That sounds terrible..... We have the Shedd Aquarium, but I've never been there. ugh.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #45138 
Laki

I hope Marineland gets put under and they rescue all the animals. How is this even legal?!? How are people even paying to get in? Those poor things, all blind because of humans. It just rots me.
I'm coldies now. It's like 10 degrees.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #45139 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

There's no regulations for marine animals in Canada. There are welfare organizations for wild animals but the thing is the zoos choose whether they want to follow them.
The Toronto Star is a huge paper.. hopefully they'll get somewhere, all the trainers are coming out and confessing things about what they thought was their "dream job."
It' costs $50 for an adult to get in.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #45140 
Laki

what. This upsets me. Yes, they sell the TO star down here!! lol So Nationally I bet some people will lobby for change.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese