betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #4021 
bettaluvinmom64

Smile my breeder girls and boy

this is one of my girls received today she is light black with some red on fins
bettaluvinmom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #4022 
regenfliege

Your Sam looks EXACTLY my first betta Dean!!!!! (I'm also a huge supernatural fan XD). I had Dean and also had 2 goldfish named Bobby and Sammy.
When I get another betta (hopefully in the next few days when my tank is done cycling) I'll post a pic of him. :D
RIP Bobby the GF and Dean :'(
regenfliege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #4023 
jenjen182

This is my betta fish, Emperor! I got him yesterday. He is a Double tail/Halfmoon with a little bit of a King mixed in there. He is very intelligent and kind!

If you can't see the picture, just look at my avatar.
jenjen182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #4024 
cjschmelzer909

Here's my little girl Carla I got as a baby betta from PetCo about 4 weeks ago or so :)

I was trying to get a good picture of a side view of her so you can see her color better but she was just way to interested in the camera lens Her color hasn't quite yet completely developed, but she's already a beautiful bold blue, can't wait until she's full grown with all of her color!

The last picture is of her 5.5 gallon home. Obviously you can see how much more she still has left to grow when you compare her size to the tank!

In one of those pictures you can kind of see how there's a very small chunk of her tail missing... That happened when she took a leap out of her tank yesterday :( She's completely bounced back though, and is as curious and happy as ever!

EDIT: Anyone want to help me out on what species she is? I'm pretty certain she's a VT but I'm not all that great with telling the differences between females, I have a small feeling she could also be a Plakat.
Attached Images

Last edited by cjschmelzer909; 08-16-2012 at 12:48 PM.
cjschmelzer909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #4025 
jenjen182

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjschmelzer909 View Post
Here's my little girl Carla I got as a baby betta from PetCo about 4 weeks ago or so :)

I was trying to get a good picture of a side view of her so you can see her color better but she was just way to interested in the camera lens Her color hasn't quite yet completely developed, but she's already a beautiful bold blue, can't wait until she's full grown with all of her color!

The last picture is of her 5.5 gallon home. Obviously you can see how much more she still has left to grow when you compare her size to the tank!

In one of those pictures you can kind of see how there's a very small chunk of her tail missing... That happened when she took a leap out of her tank yesterday :( She's completely bounced back though, and is as curious and happy as ever!

EDIT: Anyone want to help me out on what species she is? I'm pretty certain she's a VT but I'm not all that great with telling the differences between females, I have a small feeling she could also be a Plakat.
She looks like maybe a veiltail/plakat...
Old 08-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #4026 
cjschmelzer909

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen182 View Post
She looks like maybe a veiltail/plakat...
Do you mean like either one or the other or a mix of the two? I didn't know there was such a thing as mixes
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #4027 
jenjen182

Yeah, there are! I have a Halfmoon/Doubletail with a little bit of King in him! See my avatar.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #4028 
cjschmelzer909

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen182 View Post
Yeah, there are! I have a Halfmoon/Doubletail with a little bit of King in him! See my avatar.
That's really interesting! I don't know how one could tell that she's a mix of a VT and a Plakat though, I think the females look very very similar to each other
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #4029 
Jessicatm137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjschmelzer909 View Post

Awww, she's a little cutie! I agree that she looks like a VT/Pk, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #4030 
zombiegirl

My two new boys.

Yet to be named DTHM

And Lugosi our new PK

zombiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas