Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

5 gallon tank

So, being that Pudge is on his own, the tank looks rather dreary. Since he's usually only in one corner of the tank, the rest is not being used....

I saw someone mention on another forum they had something called an otocat in a 5 gallon. The look cute, but do they need a bigger tank and/or sand?

I currently have marbles in there right now, and I'm not sure if I'm keep on removing them, unless I put sand over them...

I don't like the idea of snails. And kind of animal like worms/snails/slugs creep me out and I'd rather have no bettas at all than have snails in my tank (I'm that serious). Also, I don't have any hiding places for shrimp. nor does my Petsmart supply them.

I really would like something to just hang around Pudge, seeing as how he isn't as hostile as Buddha is.

If I do get more fish, I won't be dividing the tank again (obviously), so I will wait for when I move out to get another one.

So yea...any help? :)

(oh, and the tank is filtered with a marble base, with a log, a skull, and two fake plastic plants)

I will not be getting anything yet, will most likely wait a few months, or until the tank has settled down (it's only a little over a week old)
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

oto cats are VERY delicate......keep that in mind. I had one with stable water parameters, understocked tank, fresh vegetables and algae wafers in a 10 gallon tank and it just died. :(

They grow to about 2 inches.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

You can't have anymore fishy friends in a tank below 10 gallons. Just snails and shrimp. But they usually get eaten. >.<
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #4 
Alcemistnv

Hmmmmmmm
It''s one of those moments when you wished you spent the extra $20 on a 10 gallon xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #5 
nemobetta27

i dont know anything about other fishes but ghost shrimp i do have a 5gal with my male veil and 3 ghost shrimp.
nemobetta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #6 
nemobetta27

oh and does anyone know how to post a message like single one a post? i dont know how to.
nemobetta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemobetta27 View Post
oh and does anyone know how to post a message like single one a post? i dont know how to.
What do you mean? You're posting right now. Do you mean how to make a thread? Go to a section, (i.e. Betta Compatibility) and above all the threads on the left side, there's a button that says "New Thread". Click it, make your thread with the title, and then submit. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote