Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #1 
nel3

had an early halloween (new betta)

my DTHM passed away not too long ago leaving me with 1 betta short in my 5g tank. my first mistake was going to the pet store near my parents place to look for a plakat that i know will never show on their shelves. i was determined to hold out until a smaller LRS/LPS gets a plakat on their shelves. unfortunately my determination didnt hold out long enough as i found this guy less than an hour ago. his caudal fin wasnt torn shen he was on the shelf but he did have some biting when i first saw him. i wanted to hold out for a short tail betta but his colours were too much to resist. i named him Halloween for obvious reasons. i'll have progressively better pics when his in the 1g a nd finally when he goes to the 5g divided. though his body is black/brown with blue highlights. i paid $8.04 for him which is lucky he wasnt a HM ($25)

he's still in the bag acclimating but almost ready to go in the 1g.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #2 
zombiegirl

Gorgeous and I love the name!
zombiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #3 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegirl View Post
Gorgeous and I love the name!
thank you very much though a PK with the same colours would've been better in my particular case. ive seen yellow betta and some orangish betta but this one takes the pumpkin (pun intended lol). he has some biting top middle dorsal but looks very healthy.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #4 
zombiegirl

I saw a PK on Aquabid once that had orange and black coloring. I was sooo tempted. I like the one you picked though. Can't wait to see him acclimated and in his tank. You'll have to take some more pics for us ;)
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #5 
megaredize

hes beautiful and once his fins grow back im sure he will be drop dead gorgeous. sorry about your fish that passed was it theo ne in your avatar? he was a looker
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #6 
nel3

Quote:
I saw a PK on Aquabid once that had orange and black coloring. I was sooo tempted. I like the one you picked though. Can't wait to see him acclimated and in his tank. You'll have to take some more pics for us ;)
i dont have a thing against AB but its been VERY hot lately and dangerous for shipping in general. i have no qualms on AB fish but this time i need a local fish ie no IAL as i cant use it in my 5g tank. the best pics are taken from the 5g as the 1g tank is plastic and a bit cloudy.

im sure i'll be kicking myself a bit later for getting a long tail betta rather than a PK but i have no regrets. this beautiful fish has a 50% of getting a proper home and care if he was purchased by someone else.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #7 
Jessicatm137

He's so pretty! And I also love his name. :)
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #8 
zombiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i dont have a thing against AB but its been VERY hot lately and dangerous for shipping in general. i have no qualms on AB fish but this time i need a local fish ie no IAL as i cant use it in my 5g tank. the best pics are taken from the 5g as the 1g tank is plastic and a bit cloudy.

im sure i'll be kicking myself a bit later for getting a long tail betta rather than a PK but i have no regrets. this beautiful fish has a 50% of getting a proper home and care if he was purchased by someone else.
I'm terrified to order a fish from AB and have it shipped. I'm lucky in that my LPS has a very good selection of fish including PK. The boy in my avatar I just picked up recently.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #9 
nel3

Quote:
I'm terrified to order a fish from AB and have it shipped. I'm lucky in that my LPS has a very good selection of fish including PK. The boy in my avatar I just picked up recently.
the fish in my avy was from Nakornpatom, Thailand but his finnage has not been as proper after a week in Canada. there is alot of fin regrowth that needs to be done to get back to 100% though his pectorals and anal are near 100%

got some pick of halloween in the 1g. he isnt too adventurous atm so i cant take the pics i lilke atm.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #10 
zombiegirl

His coloring is stunning.