Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #1 
okpatsfan

Feeding/Filter problems

I am new to fish/Betta' sin general. I purchased a Fluval Spec 2 gallon tank a few days ago and introduced a new betta into the tank today. The problem is this setup has a built in filter that has in input at water level that seems to trap the food before the fish has a change. I have tried the Aqeuon Betta Food as well as dried blood worms and the both head straight for the filter intake. Is anyone familiar with this problem or experienced something similar.

I am a bit worried as it appears the betta is not getting any food right now.
okpatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by okpatsfan View Post
I am new to fish/Betta' sin general. I purchased a Fluval Spec 2 gallon tank a few days ago and introduced a new betta into the tank today. The problem is this setup has a built in filter that has in input at water level that seems to trap the food before the fish has a change. I have tried the Aqeuon Betta Food as well as dried blood worms and the both head straight for the filter intake. Is anyone familiar with this problem or experienced something similar.

I am a bit worried as it appears the betta is not getting any food right now.
If the filter is that strong I would be more worried about the fish getting caught in it...you need to ask on here and find a way to baffle it. I am pretty new myself, so I don't know about built in filters...Don't worry about him eating yet it won't hurt him to wait a day or two. Definitely work on getting that filter strength down some.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #3 
okpatsfan

I found another use who has one, just waiting on a reply. The betta has found a happy place in the tank in the vicinity of the intake near a plant. The pump output is adjustable but i already hav it on the lowest setting. Other betta owners have this tank, just hoping they will reply.
okpatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote