Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #1 
homegrown terror

if any of you can breed this, i will pay you whatever your asking price is

a solid matte yellow betta with a black head and black cellophane fins. tail type doesn't matter, but a delta or double would be best. basically, i want a betta fish honeybee. i don't know if this is even possible, but if it is, and you can breed me one, just name your price and i will pay it!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #2 
tpocicat

I think it is possible, but nothing I have would even come close to what you want.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 
ihatefirewalls

I doubt this is possible with current lines. Yellow coloration is believed to be a mutated red gene, and is shown only in the lack of other top color layers (no iridescence, black, etc). To get black cellophane fins you would need the fish to express black in the fins and not in the body. Although yellow cambodian mutation might be theoretically possible, AFAIK there's no such coloration among current stock.

The genetics would be pretty much the same as red bettas with black cellophane fins, which I have not seen either. You might be able to get something close with a marble-based yellow, but the coloration would be random and would change over time.
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I don't quite understand the fins - black cellophane. How can a cellophane be black and visa versa. Or perhaps you meant a butterfly pattern or did you mean a lace color. DO you have a picture of what you meant?

From your explanation, I would have to agree that this is quite hard to achieve - yellow body with black and cellophane fins. Lately I've mostly seen what ever colored body with yellow fins.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote