Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #2831 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaleeluna View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to update, seems all of your help, LeBron and everyone else, the fin rot, if that's what it was is now gone. They're all out of salt now and looking beautiful. Still trying to get pics up. Thanks again to everyone who weighed in. Also, the female, Camille, is still doing great in her community tank, although, it's not much of a community now. Gave the glofish to my sister, who are soooooooooooo happy in a 50 gallon tank, so she's only got a cory and a lace cat with her right now. Am thinking I might add someone else into the mix this weekend. And, she is still, totally crushing on the cory, Eric. She follows him everywhere, it's toooooooo cute!
That's great!! I'm so happy for you, and you're welcome. :) I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I've been thinking of getting a Cory. How many do I need? How would they do in a bare-bottom tank?
You need around 4-5 at least, and you need sand for the substrate. Not sure about a bare bottom, sorry. D:
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #2832 
LittleBettaFish

The LFS I go to has his corydoras in bare-bottom tanks and they seem to do fine. I would assume it's really only the rough substrate that would be damaging to corydoras barbels. However, I do believe they like the stimulation of sifting through the sand in the search of food. Maybe you could put a pan of sand down in the tank for them to have as a sort of corydoras sand pit?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #2833 
hate is hitler

if i am doing this wrong i am sorry

please help me help my baby, he tore his tail really bad and i dont know what to do.
hate is hitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #2834 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate is hitler View Post
please help me help my baby, he tore his tail really bad and i dont know what to do.
Do you know how to make a thread? Clean water should do it. Is it just torn?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #2835 
hate is hitler

new to all of this

i just cleaned his tank today and changed his water. I add stresscoat everytime i change water in my tanks. My b/f thought he was being helpful and made a divider for my tank so his girly friend would prepare to spawn. He ripped about half an inch into his tail when he got caught on a rough spot. I have been crying for hours trying to figure out what to do for him.

I have never used a site like this before. I have no idea what i am doing. I am also at a disatvantage because i am doing this from my stupid "smart phone"

any advice would be great and if i did something wrong i am sorry.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #2836 
LebronTheBetta

It's OK! To make a thread, just go to a section, (i.e. Betta Compatibility) And on the left hand side, search for "New Thread". Make your thread, and then submit. :) Is that the Betta on your avatar? Looks like tail biting. And you're breeding? I thought you would know how to handle this if you're breeding, and the female should be in a breeding trap as well.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #2837 
hate is hitler

my b/f was jumping the gun

i have breed parots, guppies, malys, and one other type that i cant remember. Yes that is his pic, he was a rescue. I have only had him for about a month. He was pretty beat up when i cam across him at a pet store. I told my b/f that after he had a couple more weeks to recover i was going too maybe try to breed him. My b/f desided that he was going to do it today (what an idiot). He jimmy-rigged a divider so that they could see and smell each other but not touch. It was just a plastic slab that he had cut small holes in with a knife. He never sanded it down so there were sharp edges sticking out. My poor posidon is now in worse shape because my b/f is stupid. After i saw the damage he was told never to try and help again.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #2838 
LebronTheBetta

Aw... Do you know his genes? Most breeders don't recommend Rescues or Bettas from the store as most come from fish farms with mixed genes and such. His butterfly pattern could use some work, but a complimenting female should help. :) Either way, he's a good find!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #2839 
hate is hitler

bettas are new to me

i dont know much about bettas. I dont like buying from petstores when it comes to fish i would rather get them from a breeder. He just caught my eye,i had never seen one that looked like him before. It broke my heart to see him in that little plastic cup. I knew that with a enough love he could be even more beautiful. So me being the sucker that i am bought him and i have spent the last two weeks learning everything that i can. Thats how i found this site. I want to know everything i can about my beautiful posidon's night; so if you have any advice or know of any sites that could help please let me know.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #2840 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, OK. I understand. You should read the Stickeys in the Breeding Bettas section. It has valuable info and it should get you off to a great start! :)