Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #2841 
hate is hitler

thank you

thankyou so much for takeing the time to talk with me. You have been very helpful and i greatly apprciate it and so does my darling
hate is hitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #2842 
LebronTheBetta

No problem, I also had a great time typing with you. ;D Good luck with your fry and have a wonderful time with your Bettas.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #2843 
emaleeluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I've been thinking of getting a Cory. How many do I need? How would they do in a bare-bottom tank?
I only have 1 and then I have a lace catfish also. We only have the big river rocks in our tank, no gravel and he seems to do great. We are definitely getting atleast one more though because they are sooooooooo unbelievably entertaining. He's hilarious. We have a pretty strong current in the tank from the filter and he rides it. I swear to you, he thinks it's fun and he rides it! I also swear that my female betta has a crush on him. They hang out together a lot. We're going to add a something this weekend, just not sure what we want yet. Oh, and also, apparently, there are albino cories. Atleast that's what they looked like and that's what the fish guy told me, so when we get another one I think I'm going to want one of them. They're kinda peach with pink eyes. They're pretty cool, but I highly recommend cories, he's my favorite fish, well, besides my 4 male bettas, I love them! Good luck and keep me posted on whether or not you get one.
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #2844 
labloverl

I have a quick question. What could I put around or in my filter (HOB) intake tube to keep it from shredding my VT's fins?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #2845 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
I have a quick question. What could I put around or in my filter (HOB) intake tube to keep it from shredding my VT's fins?
Like filter floss, an unused sponge, etc. Just put it in there and the current should slow down.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #2846 
labloverl

An unused sponge like for dish washing? Would it have to be snug?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #2847 
LebronTheBetta

An aquarium sponge is better, it's easier to find as well. Just cut the sponge to the right size.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #2848 
labloverl

Oh ok! Forgot to mention that the 10 gallon he's in is divided 3 ways. Wouldn't putting a sponge in the intake decrease the flow and filtration in the other 2 sections? Could I wrap pantyhose around it instead?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #2849 
LebronTheBetta

Well, as long as the filter filters, it doesn't really matter. Cycled? Pantyhose is great!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #2850 
labloverl

I have another quick question...

I'm waiting on my 5 gallon to cycle... WHen it does, I will need to add one fish at a time. (I want to divide it) What if I get to the store and see 2 fish that I want? I don't have a qt tank set up. What would qualify as one? Does it need a filter, gravel, and other things to make it a "home?" How often and how much would I need to change the water in it? (I wish I could leave him in his cup and do daily water changes until he can be added to the tank, but that doesn't seem fair)