Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #1 
myfavfish

Question Need help!!

well, when i clean my fish tank, i have to put my fish in a temporary home until im done cleaning it right? well, for that temporary home, i used the container my fish first came it (its small but its only for a little bit) well, now that container broke, so i dont know what to use D: i want to just use a container from my house, but im afraid that there might be soap residue on it and then my fish will get sick. what should i do? D:
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #2 
registereduser

Grab anything, rinse it well and use it without worry.

I don't remove my fish but then I don't have anything smaller than a 5 gallon and I only do 50-60% water changes.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I would only remove the Betta for 100% water changes...best to leave them in the tank for partials.....

Any container will work-small amounts of soap residue is usually not harmful, however, if you fear that it might...just give the item a rinse in vinegar to cut the soap residue-then rinse the vinegar really well before use.....be sure and use a cover of some type too.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello...you could buy a new small bowl with a lid and put a couple of small holes in the top . I think some Pet shops like Petco, petsmart, etc. will give you a new one if you ask. Just be careful whatever you use rinse rinse and rinse and maybe sit it out in the sun to dry and rinse again.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #5 
Pogthefish

I have multiple water change contaners, like 1/4 gallons for the smaller tanks (I rarely use these because the smaller ones just get 100% changes) that I put my fish in, but it sounds liek you dont ave those. Just grab a cup from the cabinet, and fill it with tank water ^_^ I guess you can rinse it if you want.. I mean.. I also have a breeder box that I will sometimes put it in another tank and pt the fish there during a water change.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning