Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #21 
katrina89

My cories have gravel and seem super happy... i just made sure it was more rounded gravel than sharp... they prefer shrimp pellets and since my betta eats their food too and i can be sure he is getting meat instead of algae... be careful... i barely feed my betta anymore bec he munches in the gravel all day bec he learned from the cory
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #22 
katrina89

for a ten gallon i would put 7 frogs with a betta... they are said to need one gallon and like groups so their bioload is low... honestly it must be easier to feed them in a small tank bec u can hand feed them so i bet they do better in a one gallon... ive heard that they die if u keep them with other bottom feeders bec cories are much faster and will eat their food
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #23 
Relic

The betta in my avatar {No longer with us} Hated our neons...he would charge them every chance he got...he killed a few. But my VT and HM don't mind them at all...the VT chases them now and then but has never injured any. The HM gets along with the 6 neons in his tank very well. I think it just depends on the fish.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #24 
Friendlyfishies

My past experience...neons eventually became my old bettas snack...everything else seemed okay but I had to seperate the betta because he was eating my neons so im not sure if he would have stayed good with the others or not. Started off great, first couple months no issue...one neon died from illness, betta snacked on him, got a taste of fresh fish and after that become the hunter lol..
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #25 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
for a ten gallon i would put 7 frogs with a betta... they are said to need one gallon and like groups so their bioload is low... honestly it must be easier to feed them in a small tank bec u can hand feed them so i bet they do better in a one gallon... ive heard that they die if u keep them with other bottom feeders bec cories are much faster and will eat their food
No no no no.... This is totally false! Please, if you place that many froga and a betta in a ten gallon tank you are severely over-stocking the tank!

Katrina, i highly encourage you to read the thread in my signature, please!

I personally have my frogs in the same tank as both cories and khuli loaches, both bottom dwelling fish, and my frogs are just fine. it is not a matter of fish, it is a matter of knowing what the heck you are doing, and asking all the right questions to people who know more than you do.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #26 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibifish View Post
Ah, I see! I will definitely treat it as a non-planted then.

One more thing - Would mesh/screen tops work well so they don't jump out? And what kind of lighting do they need? (I've seen lights called moonlights, so I want to make sure I get the right kind.)

And thank you again. You've definitely helped me TONS.

oops, didnt see this! lol

Screen tops are great, and you can place the regular tank hood on top of that. frogs dont need a particular kind of light, that all depends on the plants you have. set up the lighting for the plants, and just give the frogs plenty of places to hide if they need it. :)
Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #27 
chibifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
oops, didnt see this! lol

Screen tops are great, and you can place the regular tank hood on top of that. frogs dont need a particular kind of light, that all depends on the plants you have. set up the lighting for the plants, and just give the frogs plenty of places to hide if they need it. :)
Perfect! The screen top with the hood on top completely solves my worry that the frogs would escape. Thank you so much for all the information and help!

chibifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #28 
Gizmothefreaky

It's my pleasure!! I love helping. :)
Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #29 
Jully

Sounds good, but watch the Neons, they prefer being in groups of 6 that'll be on pretty tank.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon, aqadvisor, stocking