Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

Reflection flaring...will it stop?

Moonie is in his new tank and he keeps flaring at his reflection...hes only been in there for a few hours and hes not used to having a light (when his lights on he sees the reflection)...will this stop in a few days once he gets used to his surroundings? I dont want to stress him out...I am waiting for live plants to come in the mail and in the meantime he only has 2 moss balls. So far hes already stopped a bit but still seems tense.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Do not worry about Betta flaring it is common it is a sign of aggression.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #3 
Friendlyfishies

I love the flaring, so pretty, I just dont want him to do it constantly for days on end when his lights on lol...I know it can stress them out so I was just wondering if it would cease over time :)
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

He might stop. Try to cover the reflections with plants or decorations. Maybe the plants you ordered can cover it.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #5 
homegrown terror

my new boy Frodo does this too, but only right in front of the box of his filter. it's on the outside of his tank and it's black, so i was worried he can see his reflection really clearly and it could stressing him out. he also gets mad at me and flares every time i turn his light on in the morning, he's a moody little fish!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #6 
lelei

Some do more than others, and sometimes it's not even the reflection..2 of my fish hardly ever flared, they both have lots of plants, but my new guy..he is flaring everytime I come to say hi to him, and just patrols the tank, flaring like he's on duty..so it depends on the fish..but once they get used to their home, and feel comfortable they will calm down:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote