Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #31 
Shayebri

Yeah, it's so cute when she does it.
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #32 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
OUr fishy's are so precious..they are adorable, everything that they do, my Sammy is like that too, he just loves when I call his name, and he always is looking for me, if I am looking for him, he always makes sure I see him, If he is hiding in his cave, he pops his head right out, to show me, he's ok..I just love it, and when he is chilling on his leaf, and just spreading his fins..to show how much he loves his home, and his favorite plant..anytime I put my finger to the tank, he gets so exited , does the wiggle dance..and I swear he wants me to pick him up and hug him..dam I wish I could..
Aww I love that Sammy likes your finger; so cute!! I'm jealous. Junior always flares at my finger if I wiggle it above the tank. Then I tell him to stop being grumpy. haha :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #33 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayebri View Post
Lol! I gave Pic (lol I just decided to call her that as her nickname) her first bloodworm the other day, freeze dried. She apparently liked it more than pellets. Lol she just swam up like a rocket and ate it! Plus if I hold her food above the water, she jumps for it. Not like jumps into the air, but pops her mouth out of the water, like "Gimme!"
Mine does the gimme too!
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #34 
Shayebri

Lol! Piccolo jumped pretty high yesterday, well at least the highest she's done. Dont worry I added the black marks lol
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #35 
AngesRadieux

My two bettas just got new homes. Beethoven's tank has been relocated to my bedroom and I just brought by other one home yesterday, so they're still adjusting to being near each other. My new fish just spotted Beethoven and started flaring at him. Beethoven looked right at him, turned, and leisurely swam away like, "...Not impressed". I giggled a little. And now new guy is flaring and dancing again and Beethoven's just completely ignoring him.

I'm glad the new guy's flaring, though. I'm hoping that means he's starting to feel comfortable in his new home. Yesterday and this morning he was showing his stress stripes and seemed quite ill at ease. Maybe he's starting to get settled now.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #36 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I try to take photos of the cute things - but I'm not always lucky. Here are my cutest photos, mostly Alejandro though I have 6 other bettas.

Alejandro peeking at me from his first place, a 2.5 gall bowl.

Alejandro between 2 leaves day 1

Last edited by mursey; 08-05-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling/ typo
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #37 
caljamsam

I moisst my finger and put a few worms on it from the jar. Hold it as high as your betta can JUMP. My bettas have learned to take a few moments to study and analyze the situatikon, then flap their little wings so hard and fast and cute and then DART out of the water yay high and grab their worms that way and then be on their way. You see this way they eat and get a serious workout at the same time!

The feeling of those teeth scraping hard against your fingers for their meal is indescribable. Try it and let me know how you and your bettas do! Let me know how hard they can jump. This is communicating with your betta.

Last edited by caljamsam; 08-05-2012 at 09:45 PM.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #38 
yoshi1029

My betta yoshi tried to bite my fingers because he thought it was feeding time!
yoshi1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #39 
caljamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi1029 View Post
My betta yoshi tried to bite my fingers because he thought it was feeding time!
That's the joy of it.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #40 
Joelouisvachon

when I'm feeding Blu, I like to lead him around the tank with a trail of pellets, like hansel and gretel. (don't worry, it's only a trail of three pellets spaced far apart, I'm careful not to over feed)
Joelouisvachon is offline   Reply With Quote