Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #1 
Perlier

How much to feed an underweight sick fish?

ok so Im going to admit that I forget to feed my bettas all the time. My life has been crazy lately and forgot all about them. One has already died, which was my favorite one and I am very upset about it. I dont get very upset about fish dieing but this time I have. So I wanna do my best to take care of my fish the right way again so I dont lose another one.

The one in question is extremely skinny, I have never seen a fish look so skinny. He tends to end up floating head down tail up all the time now, I thought maybe its because hes weak and he cant hold his head up. I have the aqueon betta pellets. How many and how often should I feed him to get him healthy again? I know my other 2 fish are not looking skinny at all but I wanna feed them at the same time to get them healthy again anyways. Is 2 pellets 3 times a day too much? Can I feed them frozen brine shrimp or stay away from that until the one starts feeling a bit better?

Thank you!
Perlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #2 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
ok so Im going to admit that I forget to feed my bettas all the time. My life has been crazy lately and forgot all about them. One has already died, which was my favorite one and I am very upset about it.
um, yeah, I would be too.

We all do something regularly each day. We all go to sleep. At least I hope you sleep since your life is soooooo hectic.

Before you go to bed, make it a ritual to say good night to your fish and feed them as you say good night. Problem solved, hope they live.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

How long ago did you change the water and how big is his tank?
Feed him 2-3 pellets twice a day.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #4 
Perlier

Not sure on the exact size, its one of the Critter Keeper things. Cleaned it 1 week ago.
Perlier is offline   Reply With Quote