Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #31 
Hopeseeker

For about a month, now, I have seen the same male dragon plakat. He's kind of an aqua blue with mustard gas yellow fins and aqua blue tips....so was wanting to get it for my mom. She going through some medical tests, she can't set up the aquarium that I gave her. She needs to take care of herself, first. I would have taken him home, if I could for her, but all I have open is .75 gallon hospital kritter keepers. And the heaters that I currently have are pieces of junk, that don't heat properly. I have turned down his cute face for so long.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #32 
myfavfish

my fish was hard to decide on too :) i had my eye on a really pretty blue one (my betta was white at the time) but my sister pointed out Moonlight (my fish now) and he was so pretty and white and just gorgeous <3 but i wonder if the blue one i was going to get is still ok :( hopefully a good owner got him :)
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #33 
Joelouisvachon

The one I left behind... oh, it was more than one. My local pet store doesn't have much variety though, so my picks may not sound as special as other's choices.
When I got Blu, there was no choice about it. there was just him and some red CTs. Even though Blu's a VT, my favorite color is blue, so it was him.
with Little Guy, I had a hard time. there was this huge tangerine VT with pineappling, that I just loved.
Joelouisvachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #34 
Bettanewbie60

I just left Petsmart where I went to get a couple more plants and decor for my current tanks..I saw the most amazing double tail HM..omgosh, his colors are incredible! I had to "talk myself down" though..I barely have the time or money for the 5 I already have...sigh. I can't stop thinking about him though. Of course the lady at Pet Supplies Plus earlier today told me that their new shipment is coming in on Wednesday lol..I thought hubby was gonna slap her..ha ha ha!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #35 
fleetfish

When I was getting my new HM there was an absolutely gorgeous rosetail there. He had a pink body and medium splotches of not only red, but blue all though his body. His fins were huge though, and they were tattered to oblivion. I would have gotten him but I was smitten by my new little guy.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #36 
Laki

The "one" I left behind?? Oh please!
I'm after seeing so many now; a chocolate VT; multiple dalmatians; some gorgeous marbles; a dragon VT; a couple mustard gas HM's; a blue cambodian... etc... The lps sells plakats for 40$ o-o So I cannot see myself buying one but I saw crimson ones. Like, not only red but blood red, solid dark crimson red.
I'm on the fence now, I have one extra heater and 2 spare tanks. I want a dragon HMPK or even just a purdy HMPK and I also want a marble...
gahahahahaha (insert crazy laugh)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #37 
Seki

I'm so excited, guys, because the next time I go to the fish store, if one catches my eye, I won't have to leave him behind! I'm in the process of setting up my new 5.5 gallon, so soon enough, it will be someone's new home!

When I was there getting the 5 gallon, though, I saw an absolutely breathtaking white doubletail with marbling. I wanted him... I wanted him sooooo badly. In fact, I actually want a white betta for my new tank if I can find one! But since I still had to set up the tank and get it all cycled and everything, I had to leave the pretty guy there. SO SAD! The good thing is that I have no doubt he'll be taken home by somebody... he was WAY too pretty to last long in that store! lol
Seki is online now   Reply With Quote