Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Tail Type?
Plakat 1 2.86%
Halfmoon Plakat 8 22.86%
Halfmoon 5 14.29%
Delta 2 5.71%
Double Tail 5 14.29%
Crowntail 9 25.71%
Veiltail 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #21 
Ant10a

I have 3 VTs.... so there is my answer ahha
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #22 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixielator View Post
I'm suprize that there aren't more good petstores near YOU willing to buy bettas than there are here. This is like the most secluded place I've ever lived! xD
LOL, well as far as I can find theres just Petco, Petsmart, and Petland....none of them all that great, but I can't find any Mom&Pop stores around here that carry fish(I think theres a bird-specialty one but thats about it).
Where I used to live in Washington there was just a nice local pet store where I worked, I did manage to breed a little then and they took most of my fish. It was really kind of neat, telling customers what fish I'd bred and giving them proper advice on how to care of them and watching them go home to good homes.
No such luck here though, lol.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #23 
Pixielator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
LOL, well as far as I can find theres just Petco, Petsmart, and Petland....none of them all that great, but I can't find any Mom&Pop stores around here that carry fish(I think theres a bird-specialty one but thats about it).
Where I used to live in Washington there was just a nice local pet store where I worked, I did manage to breed a little then and they took most of my fish. It was really kind of neat, telling customers what fish I'd bred and giving them proper advice on how to care of them and watching them go home to good homes.
No such luck here though, lol.
I've never heard of Petland, is that a chainstore or a small business? I guess I'm just lucky to have two good pet stores near me. :)
Ultimately I'd like to have my own pet store. I'd hire someone to manage it so that way, I'd still have time for breeding. And I'll probably try to get everyone who buys one of my bettas to make an account on here, just so I can see my bettas grow up (as well as my tarantulas and millipedes but theres a different site I'll recommend for the new owners of those guys). Ahh, thats the dream.. *smiles and stares off into space* haha.
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #24 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixielator View Post
I've never heard of Petland, is that a chainstore or a small business? I guess I'm just lucky to have two good pet stores near me. :)
Ultimately I'd like to have my own pet store. I'd hire someone to manage it so that way, I'd still have time for breeding. And I'll probably try to get everyone who buys one of my bettas to make an account on here, just so I can see my bettas grow up (as well as my tarantulas and millipedes but theres a different site I'll recommend for the new owners of those guys). Ahh, thats the dream.. *smiles and stares off into space* haha.
I think its sort of like a small chain....? I've heard of Petland in other places, but its a smaller, more of a tiny local pet shop feel. I don't know about all Petlands, but the one here really focuses on puppies and kittens. Its cute and clean, but their betta and fish stock in general is very sparse and no one is ever back by the little fish wall. Their live insect foods(for lizards and whatnot)aren't very good either, so I don't really go in there.
Ahhh, you and me both!! I remember back in school for my Marketing class I had to create a whole fake business.....I made a Fish-centric pet store called 'Poseidon's Palace'. Ah, if only.....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #25 
Jupiter

Rosetails! They're so beautiful.

But...I think DBT HMPKs are really cute too. Or any kind of DBT...I really want one.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #26 
Pixielator

Bump.
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #27 
Seki

Too bad I can't pick more than one! I love rosetails, but I seem to gravitate to crowntails. I dunno why, but their pretty fins just seem to draw my attention every time I go to look at the bettas in the stores!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote