Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #31 
lelei

Just checking in, How's your fishy?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #32 
lelei

If You need some IAL I have some, I ordered in case..so let me know..I can ship you some:)
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #33 
chicagojo

Thanks for checking in, Leilei. Unfortunately, I think he may have passed away (I say "may have" because I once declared a fish dead that actually turned out to be alive). In this case, he has been lying in the same spot on the bottom of the tank since late yesterday afternoon and I can't detect any gill movement at all. We've got a busy day ahead and I was planning to do the water change later this evening, so I think I will stick with that plan and by then either my suspicions will have proven correct :( or not.

This is very sad for me because he was so healthy until 2 days ago and I have absolutely no idea what might have happened. I am getting suspicious that it's something about the kitchen because over the past year, 3 different fish who have lived in our kitchen have basically died from what seems like stress (and they were all living in different tanks, so it's not something to do with the habitat). One was actually fine as recently as 15 min before I found him dead. Maybe I need to find a different location for our next fishy....
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #34 
lelei

Oh no, I am soo sorry to hear about your fishy~

Oh yea, I hear it is not safe for a fish to be in the Kitchen, or around smoke, or any kinds of strong odors, in which are airborne, and fish will take in all those chemicals..and can get sick..
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #35 
chicagojo

Thanks. We buried Rock N Roll III this afternoon in our garden right next to where his predecessor, Rock N Roll II, was buried. We are taking a few days to decide about getting another fish while I thoroughly clean the tank and all the decor.

Will have to figure out another location. We have another Betta living upstairs who's been doing great, so maybe if we do get a Rock N Roll IV we will put him upstairs (but out of sight of his "brother"....)

Thanks again for all your help. I feel much more confident that there was nothing else we could have done for RNR having consulted with more experienced people here.
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #36 
LebronTheBetta

I'm so sorry! Maybe because of the fumes released by the pans? I'm so sorry. :'(
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote