Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #1 
blue moon

rainbow shark (2)

what kind of fish can i put with a rainbow shark in a 29 gallon tank ??
blue moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #2 
fishchick6485

Rainbow Sharks can live with Rainbowfish And Barbs, They can also live with gouramis, danios, plecos, and rasboras... Hope I Helped! And also, may I please see some of your Rainbow Sharks, I wanna see them because i've never seen any other rainbows other then my sisters RS, FireBelly...So can you show me some pics, its alright if you don't though... Hope I helped!
fishchick6485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #3 
BettaBaited

That's a hard one. :P They can live with just about anything while they're small, but as they grow they get more aggressive. I generally move them to a larger tank with slightly more agressive fish after they get too mean for whatever I've got in the tank. Right now I have a 5+ inch one in a 55 gal, and am going to have to move him soon...
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #4 
blue moon

Rainbow shark (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchick6485 View Post
Rainbow Sharks can live with Rainbowfish And Barbs, They can also live with gouramis, danios, plecos, and rasboras... Hope I Helped! And also, may I please see some of your Rainbow Sharks, I wanna see them because i've never seen any other rainbows other then my sisters RS, FireBelly...So can you show me some pics, its alright if you don't though... Hope I helped!

of course you can but it might be a while till i get it
Old 08-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #5 
blue moon

rainbow shark (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
That's a hard one. :P They can live with just about anything while they're small, but as they grow they get more aggressive. I generally move them to a larger tank with slightly more agressive fish after they get too mean for whatever I've got in the tank. Right now I have a 5+ inch one in a 55 gal, and am going to have to move him soon...

can i just keep only one in a 29 with nothing else ?? and wow thats a big shark lol
Old 08-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #6 
BettaBaited

Yeah, you can keep them by themselves. From my experience they kinda like the rush of power from chasing other fish though... lol. Maybe you could keep him with feeder guppies? They'll reproduce like mad, but as he gets older, he'll keep them in check. He'll grow faster with live food. Plus they're rather entertaining. That is, if you're ok with the whole feeder thing. I know some people aren't. :)

&& yeah, I know!! I keep him in there with feeder goldfish, & go through them like mad!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #7 
blue moon

ok and cool i really really what one hope i get it soon and im fine with live food as long as he does not eat it all at once lol it would be annoying to keep buying alot of food for him :3
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #8 
blue moon

do i need a air pump for a rainbow shark ?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #9 
Jayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
I agree with this poster. Rainbow Sharks need at least a 48in tank. They're semi-aggressive and are best keep with robust fish like danios, barbs, larger rasboras and larger tetra like congos, Cambodian, etc. Here's the profile click on the name Rainbow Shark.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #10 
BettaBaited

You don't need an air pump if you have an adequate filter. If you don't know whether the filter is producing enough air, then it won't hurt to have one. Plus sharks like to have lots of hiding places, and mine love live plants. Plants also help with the water quality.