Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #11 
Pogthefish

They are not social, but they do okay with non-fin nippers who have small, preferaly clear fins.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #12 
Coppermoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
They are not social, but they do okay with non-fin nippers who have small, preferably clear fins.
Right...I was just saying that the don't HAVE to be kept with other fish. They don't school, so they can live happily by themselves. I know mine prefer to be in water that is not circulated. I had my girls in my 75g and they would find places where the water didn't move (like hiding at the barracks I kept the boys in). They really do prefer non moving water.
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #13 
Pogthefish

True. I got a new group of girls and they won't even go in the half of the tank that the filter is on, even though it barely makes a current.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #14 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
Whenever I buy a school of fish one of them magically disappears, lmao. :P
its scary how that happens haha...i had bought 1 separately to replace 1 that died a while back...i still cant find it...i think the others teased and ate it
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #15 
prodrumernate

no heaters for the smaller tanks and bowls...i want to get them in cycled tank.ill be going to the philippines soon for over a month.once i get back to work..my dad will be taking care of them so im trying to leave it as simple as i can..my 20 gallon has a leak,i set it up yesterday.and noticed a leak.now ive been cleaning the sand out of it and will look for the leak.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote