Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #11 
OrangeAugust

Yeah, I have a halfmoon who is very feisty. He flares all the time (especially in his larger tank). Sometimes he'll swim around the tank parading his flared fins. lol. I think he even flares sometimes when he wants to eat.
The sad thing is that I tried to put a mystery snail in his tank, but he attacked it and even though I moved the snail to another tank, the snail died a little over a week later. So, no tank mates for Fishie.
Fishie doesn't have any problems with the filter. I got the 5 gallon mini bow tank and I use the filter that comes with it and he doesn't have any problems swimming or getting sucked towards the intake. I think he likes chasing food pellets when they get caught in the current and shoot across the tank. hehe
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #12 
cjz96

Good idea, edk911! Will look into trying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
Yeah, I have a halfmoon who is very feisty. He flares all the time (especially in his larger tank). Sometimes he'll swim around the tank parading his flared fins. lol. I think he even flares sometimes when he wants to eat.
The sad thing is that I tried to put a mystery snail in his tank, but he attacked it and even though I moved the snail to another tank, the snail died a little over a week later. So, no tank mates for Fishie.
Fishie doesn't have any problems with the filter. I got the 5 gallon mini bow tank and I use the filter that comes with it and he doesn't have any problems swimming or getting sucked towards the intake. I think he likes chasing food pellets when they get caught in the current and shoot across the tank. hehe
Lol. My guy does the same thing. He has made this bubble line on the divider. He is also trying to push bubbles on the other side (territorial much?) i'm so glad my other guy is mild mannered. I have the Aqueon Mini Bows too. I put a sponge in the filter, but he bites it and sometimes gets his face smooshed in. lol!
cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #13 
Shadyr

Would you be able to purchase a Kritter Keeper as a temporary tank? It could serve as your quarantine tank afterwards. They make nice little low cost tanks.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote