Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #11 
Kelly0727

Tuesday August 21, 2012

We have free swimmers! I noticed grizzle wasn't under the half cup as much and decided to check on the fry. They were no where in sight! After freaking out for a few minutes I took a flash light and checked around the tank and found them in groups of 2, some in a corner.. some on the side.. some on the bottom.

I wonder if they are pairing them self's for the future.. hehe

So I took daddy out and added a very very small amount of microworms. I saw two little guys much on them so far.

For those that have had experience with small spawns. How do you make sure the fry find the food? I have 10 fry at the most in a 10 gallon tank... how do I make sure the fry will be able to find the food without over feeding?
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #12 
bettafishfinnatic

idk the answer to your question but I know this... HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. I know I'm a little late but better late than never lol congrats on the little boogers hope they survive a weeks worth of living good luck =D
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #13 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafishfinnatic View Post
idk the answer to your question but I know this... HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. I know I'm a little late but better late than never lol congrats on the little boogers hope they survive a weeks worth of living good luck =D
Lol thank you :) I don't know if it is just me or if they are progressing fast.. Either way im not complaining :)
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #14 
bettafishfinnatic

with the way that you are describing it.. They sound like they are growing fast, bug, dtorng, and healthy soo.. Yep here is some good luck from me (;
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #15 
Kelly0727

I can use all the luck i can get, much appreciated :) This will be my first successful spawn. I've tried once before with this same pair but lost the whole spawn, still not exactly sure why.. but that spawn didn't even make it to free swimming so I am on my toes with this spawn to make sure everything goes right.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #16 
tpocicat

To spot feed, you can mix some MW in some tank water, then suck them up in a medicine dropper and place them near each group of fry.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #17 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
To spot feed, you can mix some MW in some tank water, then suck them up in a medicine dropper and place them near each group of fry.
Ok thanks! I will give that a try!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #18 
Kelly0727

Wednesday August 22, 2012

The fry just had their first "night" time and so far so good I believe they did well.. I turned on the lights to find them all on the bottom. But they started moving a bit after they realized there was light again. Hoping this is normal behavior. (can someone confirm that is it plz to settle my nerves?)

I did notice one stalking a microworm.. not eating it, just stalking. They are scattered all over the tank now, so I'm hoping once they all wake up they will come back to the top and maybe get back into groups.. it makes it a lot easier that way. Plus I'm so worried about sucking one of them up during a water change.

I only found one dead fry so far, and yesterday was able to count 9 that I actually saw at one time. Super small amount but happy regardless :)

Grizzle is a bit depressed since he cant care for his fry anymore.. but he perks up once in a while when he sees bubbles. He has a bit of fin damage to heal up though. No fin rot or any type of infection so should have no problems with that.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #19 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Could you show us a picture of the black part, because my female betta ,who has a cellophane body, has a black stomach where the eggs are. She's been acting kind of odd, so I hope she doesn't have anything :/
As promised I got a couple pictures of bubbles with a black tummy after she ate a couple blood worms. It seems to happen when ever she is eggy or over eats a little.. maybe it is the same with yours?

Here are the pics. They aren't the best but it was the best I could do at the moment.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #20 
marktrc

The majority of mine are near the bottom. I think they look for food there. I also have them in a 10 gal. I try to spread the mws and bbs around because they don't seem to travel that far to find food. Now that they are getting slightly larger, they larger ones swim farther to find food and there fry at different levels of the tank but still a lot of fry near the bottom.

Tpocicat told me to put nylon stocking over the siphon. It helped me a lot so I don't suck up fry much.

Good luck
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote