Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #11 
kaylashenhill

Now he's just laying on the bottom T_T I don't know what to do!
kaylashenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 
fippy

Is my fish sick?

hi everyone, I'm new to this website and not completely sure how to use it yet so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am slightly concerned about my male crown tail, I bought him home from the pet store a few hours ago and since putting him in his new 20L tank, with heater and filter (he's on his own in there) I have noticed a pale cotton wool like substance but its only on the edges of a few of his fins, its not actually on his body :/ I wasn't sure whether he maybe he had a disease or was just stressed from the move? He's been quite active, exploring his new tank but also taking lots of rests too.

does anyone know what i should do? thank you.
fippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Maybe he has a body slime infection. Could you make a new thread? Just go to a section, (i.e. Betta Compatibility) And then above ALL the threads, click the button that says "New Thread". Make your thread, and then submit.
Lebron has a strange habit of shedding his slime coat when I do a 100% change, maybe your Betta's the same?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #14 
BettaBaited

fippy: you'll get better results if you post your own thread. Go to the main page for the betta diseases, and click on new thread. I reccommend antifungal medicine, AQ salt, and 100% water changes. oops. I guess I'm the second person to say this...

Kayla: I have a male that is just plain lazy. Mostly he just lays at the bottom, except at feeding time, or occasional exploratory jaunt. When my male is put into the spawning tank, he is gentle & a good attentive father. I wouldn't worry about it, unless he's breathing hard or not eating.
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote