Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #221 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
Does anyone else do sage cleansings/ use sage smudge sticks? I did one yesterday with my Mum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
I suppose. Where would I acquire a smudge stick though!? Haha, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only things I ever buy are little knick-knacks. :3

Tonight I'm going to bless the hallway a bit to see if it has the same effect as the circle and I'm curious to see the effects. I'll share what I did, too.

Yup. Obnoxious. "Act your age and not your shoe size!" as my teachers used to say. Too true. I am very loud and I talk a hell of a lot, but at least it isn't about drugs or how 2012 will kill us all....I say intelligent things or I ask questions that will benefit my mind. Definitely an adult's opinion is more valuable than a kid's. Then again I know some girls my age who are very mature, but then again it's like they're trying to act like they're 70, crotchety old lady lol. My closest friend at the moment is one who understand me. She's not obnoxious, just sort of a copy of me. She sees ghosties too ;)
You should check places that sell incense. A thing of dried sage wrapped tightly by twine is usually what my mother uses. She's had the same one for years because you only need a bit. She breaks off one piece and ignites it and the smoke is what helps travel the energy. BTW how did the blessing work out?

@MaisyDawgThirteen - I do them when needed with my mother. She does them whenever there's something that feels negative.

Also does anyone else use crystals for these things as well? When I'm around people known simply as 'energy vampires' whom because of their nature suck the life out of you by simply being in their presence I wear either my Amethyst ring (it's my birthstone) or under my shirt I'll have on a pendant with the same gem. It keeps the negativity out.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #222 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
You should check places that sell incense. A thing of dried sage wrapped tightly by twine is usually what my mother uses. She's had the same one for years because you only need a bit. She breaks off one piece and ignites it and the smoke is what helps travel the energy. BTW how did the blessing work out?

@MaisyDawgThirteen - I do them when needed with my mother. She does them whenever there's something that feels negative.

Also does anyone else use crystals for these things as well? When I'm around people known simply as 'energy vampires' whom because of their nature suck the life out of you by simply being in their presence I wear either my Amethyst ring (it's my birthstone) or under my shirt I'll have on a pendant with the same gem. It keeps the negativity out.
I'll look into smudge sticks now...I'd love to have one.

Since I'm tired I'll make it short:

I don't use crystals because you get USED to the energy from it....kind of like if you have an itch on your face after a while it will "go away" and you would no longer notice it until you thought about it...I only hold my amethyst chunks when I feel like I want to meditate and see spirits better.
KelliInTheRaw on YouTube is amazing...
She teaches everything from how to see spirits to how to mix certain stones together to get desired results.
This is child's play compared to what she teaches.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #223 
Arashi Takamine

I'll consider checking her out. And I only use my Crystals when I know it'll benefit me. Their power hasn't gone out. I would know.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #224 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
I'll consider checking her out. And I only use my Crystals when I know it'll benefit me. Their power hasn't gone out. I would know.
Whatever suits you xD
I have a pure quartz necklace pendant thingy and I wore it for a week-- I only felt the effects the first day. Then I left it in a drawer for a month and when I put it back on I wasn't used to the effects so I felt it again.
When I have my amethyst with me though, I can definitely feel it and I feel like I just want to float right off the face of the earth!!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #225 
BettaHeart

I was going to avoid posting as it usually feels like it would be dismissed but i felt i had to now reading the past few posts
i suggest getting sage from a metaphysical store if theres one near your place but being native i would highly suggest contacting a medicine-man/shaman from any local tribe in your region, wheni mean a medicine-man/shaman i talking about a genuine first nations elder. lol
secondly crystals can and need to be cleansed either by sunlight, moonlight, being passed through the smoke of smudge, or the light of a candle and under running water as long as its non-friable(all smooth tumbled stones/crystals can be cleansed this way. stones in geode, chunks, and friable such as selenite fire agate,calcites must be cleasned in the other methods so they dont wear out/break apart. every once in awhile so you dont get that, quote: PaintingPintos "I don't use crystals because you get USED to the energy from it....kind of like if you have an itch on your face after a while it will "go away" and you would no longer notice it until you thought about it..." feeling. quartz is great from holding things, feelings, bits of information from the wearer so i suggest the cleansing.

my grandparents on both sides of my family are shaman/ medicine people, so needless to say i've grown up in that world of spirits and had many experiences with them. Dreams are not fun sometimes especially when they include shapeshifters trying to kill you and trick you by using the image of a family member, doesnt work when you know deep down that its the shapeshifter lol.
I have somewhat blocked my "sight" when i was 17 mainly due to problems with my mother after my dad passed away, long story not for this thread. Anyways I've been having this feeling I have to tap back into the stream so that i may be able to help others as well as myself, i have been feeling guilty for denying it for so long i think which is why i must reconnect to my true self.
lol of yes i will definitely post stories of some things that happened to me.

Last edited by BettaHeart; 08-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #226 
PaintingPintos

OK....
2 nights ago I told the spirits in my house
"Alright, dummies. I have hours now. I'm going from 9 to 5, and before or after I WILL kick you out if you get close to me"
I guess they only stayed out of my room at the time because my sister had to sleep in my room with me (some relatives were taking up the other rooms). Last night at around 11 or 12 they were all over my room. But not as much as usual.
There was a man who was in my doorway and he was kid of leaning on the baby gate, looking in and smiling. I don't know his name.
It might even be Christopher.
When I tuned in I was definitely getting a name, but I forgot it now.
No time for a long reply, I'm going to the stable in a minute
Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #227 
Arashi Takamine

That's pretty creepy....And interesting.

I think something kicked my dog yesterday....He was acting fine then the next second he acted as if someone had hit him and hightailed it out of our kitchen. No one but me was in the room and it was four AM!

Thankfully no other paranormal things have happened to me as of late. Even when my BFF (who seems to attract and 'wake up' the spirits in my basement on purpose sometimes) was here.

Thank Goddess...

(I have no idea where my mother got her sage from. She's had the same one since I was four....And we always cleanse our crystals under the moonlight/running water and seasalt.)

Next month there's going to be a Pagan festival in my town. I wonder if there's going to be anything to do with spirits going on there.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #228 
BettaHeart

thats good shes had for so long, it was meant for her as i see it things such as sage, sweetgrass will be appear sometimes out of nowhere if the intent for its use is for good and the belief it will help is strong.

Once when I was little, I used to walk from my aunt's to my grandparents by a path the cows made over time through the woods, we lived in the country, one day I had gotten into an argument with my cousin because i wanted to go get our other cousins who lived a good half hour walk away and he just wanted to stay inside and watch movies. So I left without him telling my aunt i would be back later and decided to take the path instead of walking on the road. As I was going around a slight bend I felt like I was being followed so i turned around to see if it was my cousin but i caught a glimpse of a tall black figure dash behind a small group of trees. I couldnt think for a split second as shivers ran through my body and before anything could happen i turned and ran straight for my grandparents that wasnt too far away, ignoring the branches and thorns that scratched my bare legs and arms.
When i reached the porch steps I felt like I had returned to my body, i tried to find someone to tell them what i saw but everyone had left for town so i just sat on the steps until i felt it was safe to continue to my other cousins' place. Until this day just thinking about that one moment gives me shivers.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 AM   #229 
BettaHeart

Another time I was sitting in the room watching a movie one night at the same cousin's place, he had left the room to go and see what he could eat, i was sitting on the carpet really into the movie but out of the corner of my eye i could see something peeking around the edge of the doorframe. At first i thought it was my cousin playing around so i just told him to "quit it" and for afew second it stopped, then all of a sudden i felt a touch on my shoulder and a blur like a little kid dashed out of the room as i turned to look, just then my cousin came in with a drink and i told him " did you see that?" he just gave me this look, and im sure most of you know what look im talking about lol. I told him what happened and we both decided to sleep in the bathroom since it was the only room with the light on.

I never really liked my aunt's house especially the basement.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #230 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
Another time I was sitting in the room watching a movie one night at the same cousin's place, he had left the room to go and see what he could eat, i was sitting on the carpet really into the movie but out of the corner of my eye i could see something peeking around the edge of the doorframe. At first i thought it was my cousin playing around so i just told him to "quit it" and for afew second it stopped, then all of a sudden i felt a touch on my shoulder and a blur like a little kid dashed out of the room as i turned to look, just then my cousin came in with a drink and i told him " did you see that?" he just gave me this look, and im sure most of you know what look im talking about lol. I told him what happened and we both decided to sleep in the bathroom since it was the only room with the light on.

I never really liked my aunt's house especially the basement.
Stuff like that happens to me a lot with Megan.
She's very playful and mischievous.
If you didn't read a post from a while ago I made, Megan is a little girl who appeared in my house several months ago and she makes her presence known by appearing as a human-shape of colored dots (an outline) or as a shadow.
She tries to lure me into my parents' bathroom (???) for some ghost-only-knows reason. She is very manipulative. It's funny, though. Once I was trying to draw her, thinking of what she looked like. I suddenly thought "The fish tank filter is awfully loud. Maybe I should go to Mom and Dad's bathroom to get some more water for the tank...."
As I was leaving my room with a bucket, I saw Megan's figure standing in the hallway walking toward me.
I grinned and went back to my room.
What a little weasel.
I never did end up drawing any spirits. Only Roy.