Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #11 
fairy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by battered View Post
This happened to me as well - my betta would hog all the food in the tank and chase away anything that tried to eat. I ended up having to grind the cory pellets up so the betta doesn't see/realize there is cory food on the substrate.
Good idea,i shall give that a go.
Thanks.
fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #12 
fairy74

Just another quick question.
When i was going to have a community tank i bought new life spectrum community pellets(and they dont come cheap) is it ok to feed my bettas this or is it better to buy the new life betta pellets(is there a lot of difference?)
fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #13 
Silverfang

check the protein content and ingredients. That is the best way to tell if it will be suitable for bettas.You want the first three ingredients to be fish or seafood, not wheat/corn/rice. Also 42% protein. As it is I have a jar of NLS grow, they have 50% protein, and the girls I tend to find here are small, under developed, and in need of that boost.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #14 
LittleWatty

I don't like bumping up slightly older threads, but I'm starting to have a serious issue with this. I recently purchased 2 ADFs for one side of my split 15 gallon. All is well, except that Tintri is constantly eating their food. I've taken to cupping him when I feed them, but when I release him (after about 30-60 min), he scours the gravel for any leftovers, and he usually finds more than I would have thought. He has gorged himself twice today, to the point of popping. He's VERY active, so I don't want to have to relocate him to a smaller tank until my ADFs are big enough to push him away from their food if they're hungry. To get Tintri away from the ADFs and any food that he might not have scrounged up, I've swapped him with Dov (who was on the other side of the dividers), as he doesn't know about the ADFs and their food yet.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote