Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #11 
Shadyr
Member
 
Shadyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Yes, but you could probably pick it up locally at a pharmacy or drugstore. Just don't get the scented kind.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #12 
Sakura8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elk Grove, California
Hi Lebron. You said you haven't fed him for cycling reasons? Have you tested the parameters in the water? It's possible that caused him to bloat for some reason. Is there anything at all in his tank that he could have eaten? And did you happen to notice any big poos? If he was mildly constipated, he might have bloated up and then shrunk a little after passing his waste.

Glad to hear he's doing much better though. :) That's good news. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Yes, I haven't. I fed him a pellet and gladly took it. I just tested and ammonia and nitrite were 0ppm and nitrate was 5ppm. A few months ago, actually 1-2 months ago, he ate ghost shrimp. I hope he's just constipated a bit not anything else.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #14 
tpocicat
Member
 
tpocicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fresno, Ca
So glad to hear your betta is doing better, such a beautiful guy.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #15 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
So glad to hear your betta is doing better, such a beautiful guy.
Thank you! I don't know what I'll do without him. Probably tantrums for days... haha.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #16 
Sakura8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elk Grove, California
I suppose it's possible the exoskeletons in the shrimp caused some kind of blockage and it just took him this long to digest it. Also, it's possible he just swallowed some air. It happens every so often. Yay Lebron!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator
 
Perseusmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Have you put any live plants in your tank lately ? I did a month and half ago and I QT them, and thought I got all the snails off but now I am seeing a few pop up and yesterday Perseus eat one, looked over and he was chewing and chewing and then and now he would spit it out but get it an chew some more. He was right over one of his moss balls so I pulled it out and had a look and sure enough there was and empty snail shell. He is a crowntail and never been bloated but I have only had him 3 months. You could try the New Life Spectrum its suppose to be easy to digest and Perseus loves them and they are tiny pellets, I give him 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Tell Lebron we said to feel better soon and sounds like he already does so glad to hear that !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I suppose it's possible the exoskeletons in the shrimp caused some kind of blockage and it just took him this long to digest it. Also, it's possible he just swallowed some air. It happens every so often. Yay Lebron!
Yeah, I guess so. I did a 100% change before I started cycling and I saw the exoskeletons. *shudder* He's better now, and I'm giving him some food soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Have you put any live plants in your tank lately ? I did a month and half ago and I QT them, and thought I got all the snails off but now I am seeing a few pop up and yesterday Perseus eat one, looked over and he was chewing and chewing and then and now he would spit it out but get it an chew some more. He was right over one of his moss balls so I pulled it out and had a look and sure enough there was and empty snail shell. He is a crowntail and never been bloated but I have only had him 3 months. You could try the New Life Spectrum its suppose to be easy to digest and Perseus loves them and they are tiny pellets, I give him 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Tell Lebron we said to feel better soon and sounds like he already does so glad to hear that !
No, I'm finding plants that can be buried under gravel, though. I want some plants for once. :) I'm going to QT it in tap water just in case. I have NLS, too. That's what I feed him. Oh, and thank you! He's probably recovered already. :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Lebron, PLEASE!!!! D'X LebronTheBetta Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 15 06-27-2012 05:15 PM
Bloated LolaQuigs Betta Fish Care 2 03-20-2011 12:40 AM
Bloated... Abby Betta Fish Care 0 01-26-2011 03:41 AM
Does he look bloated? kuklachica Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 14 03-24-2010 10:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.