Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #21 
Pitluvs

I bought the last Betta our WalMart sold in 2005, since then WalMart has not brought in a single fish here. Poor Joey was the same as the guy you mentioned, I did pay for him and save him though. He had a 29g with 5 silver dollar friends. Sorry to hear about this boy, I would have spoken to another person in the store or contacted management asap. Hope he passes quickly :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #22 
xShainax

I had a pretty grizzled VT from Walmart, he had fin rot and his tail never grew out even after I treated him
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #23 
homegrown terror

writing letters won't help. this might: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....46#post1210346
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #24 
Goldie2nd

Well what I;m doing is not buying from them anything else for the fish and much less anymore fish!
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #25 
TheCheese909

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
writing letters won't help. this might: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....46#post1210346
Writing letters DOES help. You just need to make sure you're writing like a sensible adult. Don't go after all stores staying things like "It's cruel to keep Bettas in cups" exc. because they don't care.

What you want to do is actually tell them your first hand experiences about the neglect the fish at a particular store are going through. Take pictures. Tell employees before complaining to corporate. Once all that has been done you can then complain and tell them what the employees did (or didn't do) and about how awful the fish's conditions are. Typically they don't ask for photos but you can mention on your letter that you DO have them. Be sure to explain in detail about what you saw, use correct grammar and punctuation.

If things don't change for whatever reason do it again, you can even call and complain.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #26 
Goldie2nd

actually that is more snesible is not outlandinsh or just stop buying fish from there and tell others the smae little by little word spread out trust me.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote