Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #21 
Friendlyfishies

i noticed my guys tail is also starting to look a bit raggety around the edges, he is the oppisite tho, he hangs out on the other side of the tank entirely away from the filter, i use the aquaclear on the lowest setting..today i started wondering if maybe he had the start of rot or if its just tore up from current...hes acting normal and eating...ill have to watch him the next few days...he is new, only a week here so far...
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #22 
ANHEL123

stress coat is good idea. If you already used aquarium salt don't use it any longer. If there is no behavior changes (active and eating) just clean water will help. I have tail bitter and his tail healing all the time. Not sure how fast though. He bites his tail every avout 4 month. Don't stress him out with any medications any more. Just clean water . Stress coat is good idea. I never had to use stress coat but a lot of people do on this forum and recommending to use it.

Also i believe you do 100% water changes. If filter is a problem just stop using it. I don't have filters for any of my tanks. I do 100% water changes and some times 50% and 100% a week . Just make sure you do it regularly. Not sure how often you do it.

Especially if you saying that he is healing just CLEAN WATER and he should heal completely.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #23 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
stress coat is good idea. If you already used aquarium salt don't use it any longer. If there is no behavior changes (active and eating) just clean water will help. I have tail bitter and his tail healing all the time. Not sure how fast though. He bites his tail every avout 4 month. Don't stress him out with any medications any more. Just clean water . Stress coat is good idea. I never had to use stress coat but a lot of people do on this forum and recommending to use it.

Also i believe you do 100% water changes. If filter is a problem just stop using it. I don't have filters for any of my tanks. I do 100% water changes and some times 50% and 100% a week . Just make sure you do it regularly. Not sure how often you do it.

Especially if you saying that he is healing just CLEAN WATER and he should heal completely.
Yes, do the water changes in a Hospital tank, every day for the first 72 hrs..with the stress coat, then you can put him back in reg tank and clean water 50% then back to reg water change schedule..
I didnt't even need to take Crim out..of his tank, because I changed water taht night, and put the AS plants in the filter, and he's on the mend on his own..still little more to go, but I notice a lot of improvement..I used theStress coat.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

so how long can you use stress coat? Is it just first 72 hrs ?

As for for Aquariums salt you are right if it mild case it will heal on its own. I never used anything on my tail bitter. But if you ever need to use aquarium salt always pre mix (make sure dissolved )it for the right dosage which is 1tsp/gall up to 3 tsp/gall with 100% daily water changes for 10 days. It has anti bacterial/fungal effect.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote