Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #11 
Jrf456

:') I'm going to move Valentine and Winter into Brent and Skyden's old tanks, out of my 8 fish (before they died, I now have six) Brent, Skyden, Garland, Ornament and Tinsel are in my room and Heather, Valentine and Winter are in the bathroom, spare bedroom and my moms room. Be nice to bring them back in and have almost all of my fish in the room with me.
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, OK. Remember to acclimate!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #13 
Jrf456

Don't worry, I won't! Letting the tanks soak in water over-night and then re-doing them with new water etc. and gonna let them float in their cups for a few hours.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

They're going to be so happy!!
I'm sorry for asking but do you know why they died? You don't have to answe if it hurts too much, I'm just curious. :\
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #15 
Jrf456

I'm pretty sure it's because of the water conditioner. I had never used that brand before, and Brent and Skyden where the only two fish that got water changes that day. Their water temps were 74, so it wasn't that, I let them float in their cups for a few hours before I put them in and they were fine in the cups.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #16 
teeneythebetta

74 is a bit cold but certainly not cold enough to cause their deaths. They thrive in 78-80.

Again I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I hope your bettas like it in your room! :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #17 
Thomasdog

What brand? Just so we all know not to buy it, since it was responsible for the death of the two most beautiful, talented, friendly bettas in the whole wide world.

You will be missed. :*(
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #18 
Joelouisvachon

Weren't Skyden and Brent the superstars in the great tail war? I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could say something to help, but only time will help.
Joelouisvachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #19 
sunlight

So sorry for your loss :(
I am also wondering what kind of the water conditioner did you use. I thought that water conditioner can't be expired? Not sure. Well unless it like 6-7 year… I am using the same conditioner for like 2 years now. Sometimes they don't even put exp date on the bottle.

Silly question but are you sure you use it? I am always paranoid that i forgot to put water conditioner.
Did you do 100% water changes? Was new water temperature was a lot of different then their water? Like you wrote take time to acclimate them to the new temp/chemistry next time. I personally don’t take a lot of time to acclimate because I am using aged water so new water temp is exactly the same as their water. I just have fish in the changing cup and add new water for like 3 times and let them used to it for like 5-10 min each time when I add it.
Make sure you always leave space between the tank/container if you leave them there so they don’t jump out. I have my bettas for a little more than 3 years and I had one jumped out before.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #20 
GreyHounD

You have to remove the fishes when placing water conditioner atleast for 6 hours.

Sorry for your loss..
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote