Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 
BettaDawn

Best Filter for 3 gallon?

I have 2 of the Marineland 3-gallon Crescent tanks, they originally came with the adjustable flow Tetra Whisper 10i Filter. One filter has finally died and the filters they now sell as the 10i are no longer flow adjustable & way too powerfull for a 3 gallon! (I emailed the maufacturer to complain but didnt get a reply)

I have a 3i Tetra Whisper in another tank but it doesnt work as well as the original adjustable 10i, have to change the so called "filter cartridge" more often.

Anyone have any good filter recomendations for this 3 gallon tank that you dont have to baffle & works well.
BettaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #2 
Sapphoira

hm that's a hard one! I have one of the newer tetra 3i versions, and I did have to baffle it. It seems there are pretty limited options for filters at the range you are looking for, have you thought about getting a bigger tank or going filterless?
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, a sponge filter is best. :) I have a sponge filter and an airflow valve. Lebron doesn't have to fight since they're known for being the safest filter ever. :) I can also control the current with the valve.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #4 
Sapphoira

^There ya go. I don't have much experience with sponge filters, but that does sound like a good setup in general!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote