Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #511 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsABlazin View Post
Thank you :) Sadly he passed after my move to roy. He got overly upset and just didnt recover.
Yes, she isnt fat at all, very cute!
Awh
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was extremely worried about Spike when we moved. But turns out the move didn't even phase him. He twirled around in his cup showing off his fins and trying to distract my driver xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #512 
GunsABlazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Awh
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was extremely worried about Spike when we moved. But turns out the move didn't even phase him. He twirled around in his cup showing off his fins and trying to distract my driver xD
He was never all that healthy, always nibbleing his fins.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #513 
SweetNightmare

You don't need a BYB to get an amazing dog. My dog is a chow/kelpie/god knows what whose whole litter nearly drowned in a terrible storm when they were born because her parents were strays. (My friend's grandfather took them in.) She's very protective of me, but she's the most amazing dog I could have ever wished for. Coming from the girl who pined for years as a child because she wanted a golden retriever SO BAD and wanted to do dog shows. I'm fine with my beautiful hiens 57, she gets compliments all the time and has NEVER needed a single vet visit, and she's nine.
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #514 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNightmare View Post
You don't need a BYB to get an amazing dog. My dog is a chow/kelpie/god knows what whose whole litter nearly drowned in a terrible storm when they were born because her parents were strays. (My friend's grandfather took them in.) She's very protective of me, but she's the most amazing dog I could have ever wished for. Coming from the girl who pined for years as a child because she wanted a golden retriever SO BAD and wanted to do dog shows. I'm fine with my beautiful hiens 57, she gets compliments all the time and has NEVER needed a single vet visit, and she's nine.
Right there
Ya don't need a pure bred dog to have the best dog in the world. 90% of the best dogs are crosses and mutts. Most pure breeds I don't have any liking towards. But if it helps anything and proves to help. I'm all for supporting it.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #515 
Myates

This is something that scares me with BSL- misidentification..

Here is the list of the breeds on the picture below.. but most people wouldn't know that there is a difference just from their looks.
1.American Bulldog 2.American Allaunt 3.Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog 4.Dogo Argentio 5.Presa Canario 6.Ca de Bou 7.American Pit Bull Terrier 8.Cane Corso 9.Boxer 10.American Bandogge 11.Olde English Bulldogge 12.American Bully

Edit- *just* saw the date of the last entry.. sorry for digging up old posts! Woops.. bad me, bad!
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #516 
gn3ranger

I can see why people think of pit bulls in an ill manner. I recently had to go outside to scare off a pit bull with a chiwawa in his mouth. Unfortunately the damage was done and I had to call to get the chiwawa's body picked up.

I don't think of them as horrible dogs though my neighbor has a really nice female pit bull blue nose I believe. Sometimes It comes into our yard and it'll just lick you crazy with a big happy smile and waggly tail. As stated before It is indeed not the dogs fault for its behavior.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #517 
teeneythebetta

I recently found an AMAZING video, it's really short, on pit bulls :)
It's in my signature, towards the bottom where it says if you're awesome you will watch this video :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #518 
Numithebetta

GOOD FOR YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!! GET THE TRUTH OUT TO THE BLIND! As a pit bull lover and owner (my baby tigger!) it makes me so angry/sad when people say "they should put all of them down" blah blah blah. It is a broken record I swear I heard it all! But one time I took a trip with him and SOO many people came up started petting him and talking good about the breed! People like you make life worth while!
Numithebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #519 
ANHEL123

I think all those post about pits never will be old. It just problem that will never resolve unfortunately, since people keep breeding them for many reasons including for fighting. In my town all shelters have so many pits, that get authorized daily :(

I love the video. I have a mutt that we adopted. I have no idea what breed she is. She looks like picture #3 on the thread that Myates posted. We took her from the shelter and they found her on the street.

I am extreme animal lover but at the same time i would never want o be a victim of any dog. Or my dog be that victim . They really dedicated/protective dogs And i do feel bad for the reputation they have. If i would have dog who i know aggressive to people or dogs i would just put muzzle and just be extra careful.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 08-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #520 
AngesRadieux

An entire breed of dogs shouldn't be banned because some members of the breed have bitten people. Most of the time, it's the humans who are at fault, anyway. I've met large dogs that are quite sweet and lovable and I've met some that are just plain nasty. The difference? The owners.

Just up the road from me a guy has a couple dangerous dogs--a boxer and a shepherd mix. They almost killed me neighbor's dogs and they killed several rabbits which belonged to another neighbor, went after our rabbits, and went after my neighbor. What does their owner do? He's let the dogs run around the block off the leash. Once a few years back my dad was driving with me and my sister and their owner actually flagged us down, the dog's leash in hand, and asked my dad to slow down because his dog was walking on the side of the road and didn't always come when called. His gate gets left open so the dogs can get out and attack other animals and people. Just a week or so ago, thank goodness school wasn't in session because these two dogs managed to get all the way to the local high school.

But it isn't because they're a boxer or a shepherd mix. My aunt's friend has an absolutely adorable boxer. It's because the guy who owns them is a moron and obviously can't handle his dogs. It's a known fact that they're aggressive and nasty, so he should be making a point of keeping his gate closed and the dogs contained and under control. If he did that, they wouldn't get the chance to attack anyone. Or if they'd been trained and socialized as puppies maybe there wouldn't even be a need.

I don't see the point in punishing responsible owners just because there are jerks like this guy around. Same goes for pit bulls. I haven't met many, but I'm sure it's the same thing where dogs with responsible owners are safe and it's just the idiots that give them a bad reputation.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote