Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #7091 
lelei

@Mikey I have a beautiful Blue VT fishy named Sapphire that looks like your VT:) He looks like he is very well, VT are supposed to look like that..He's a gorgeous boy!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #7092 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
I wouldn't keep the bettas together like he did, also. But I don't think those are really stress stripes, two of the bettas are just really young and haven't grown colors yet
I noticed as well, their fins haven't grown yet and so. But, the living conditions are out of wack. But do you really think those Bettas are not stressed? They're not wild Bettas that can be in groups, the ones we have here are bred to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
No, those are definitely stress stripes..... a betta is not naturally striped...

BTW gorgeous bettas, but definately need to be seperated, good luck! :)
Actually, when they are young, they DO get stripes. It helps them camouflage with all the plants in the water. Kinda like zebras. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #7093 
Suki

Okay, thanks a lot for all your comments, I will seperate them this weekend, thx for the sewing mesh tip, I think I'll try that..

They are not stressed all the time though, but will separate them hopefully tomorrow.
Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #7094 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Okay, thanks a lot for all your comments, I will seperate them this weekend, thx for the sewing mesh tip, I think I'll try that..

They are not stressed all the time though, but will separate them hopefully tomorrow.
Thats great to hear! I appreciate you taking the advice given and not being stubborn, many members are stubborn and the fish pay the price.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #7095 
MistersMom

yeah, and im glad you didnt take offense to every one telling you the same thing.... lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #7096 
homegrown terror

Frodo and Sam's divided 10gallon. it's silk planted with live bamboo stalks on either side. we're gonna be getting some more fun things for them, we just haven't found everything that'll be perfect yet:

homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #7097 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
Frodo and Sam's divided 10gallon. it's silk planted with live bamboo stalks on either side. we're gonna be getting some more fun things for them, we just haven't found everything that'll be perfect yet:

Nice looking tank! My only concern is the bamboo- it's not fully aquatic, you can have it in your tank but the leave need to be out of the water, or it will die
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #7098 
pyro fiend

teenys right there. i was bout to point it out too. they may seem fine now. but within a month or 3 theyl look like the ones probably at your LPS, yellowing, sickly or even just bad XC could baffle the filter against the mesh, and lower your water leve, or put insome tiny tiny pots to raise them up out of the water, juust a smidge.
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #7099 
JackisLost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I noticed as well, their fins haven't grown yet and so. But, the living conditions are out of wack. But do you really think those Bettas are not stressed? They're not wild Bettas that can be in groups, the ones we have here are bred to fight.

Actually, when they are young, they DO get stripes. It helps them camouflage with all the plants in the water. Kinda like zebras. ;)
Maybe they are stressed and maybe they aren't, hard to tell with the young ones. It's usually okay to keep young bettas together without stressing them but as they grow and show aggression or when you're able to sex them or when they get their colors is when you definitely should consider separating them. A grown betta in the mix, I already know the tank is a little "awkward". I think his young bettas are lucky right now that the adult male is not aggressive towards them yet, kind of like having neon tetras with a male.
And a side note, bettas bred here are mostly for show and not to fight
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #7100 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Nice looking tank! My only concern is the bamboo- it's not fully aquatic, you can have it in your tank but the leave need to be out of the water, or it will die
thanks for letting me know, i can definitely put them in some pots to get the leaves out of the water, are regular terracotta pots okay? i've seen people on here using them as "caves" in betta tanks so i figured they'd be toxin free. also, (forgive my being unknowledgable on plants) are peace lilies really safe to be fully submerged? i saw some at the store yesterday and they looked so perfect in terms of leaf shape for betta resting spots.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank