Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 
xShainax

Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets

I bought Omega one betta buffet pellets today and I was wondering what your guy's views on it?
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

So far it's the 3rd best brand. ;) Betta Pro and New Life Spectrum are above it. Omega One has wheat gluten which is a cheap filler used to boost the protein. New Life doesn't have the gluten but I'm not sure about the Pro. But besides the wheat gluten, it's a great brand.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #3 
xShainax

I tried to find them at Petco, they had none until next week. :(
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #4 
buddhauser

My fishies seem to love it. They are small so they dont have a hard time eating them. I like that they float too. I feed one at a time so nothing sinks to the bottom. If you dunk the pellet it will sink. Im gonna try NLS but, my fish go crazy for omega one over the other brand I have. Since the pieces are smaller I have been experimenting with my fatties and they eat about 4-5 pieces twice a day. They always want more lol
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

The NLS pellets are tiny too but will sink if the fish doesnt get it fast enough but if your careful and drop it right on front its no problem and only one at a time. Perseus loves it !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Omega one is still a good brand, like mentioned, not my top choice, but defenitely better that tetra min, aqueon, stuff like that :)

I think most bettas would like the NLS better because the NLS has a very fishy smell, so you'd think it'd be more appetizing.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #7 
marktrc

I don't like omega one so much. I dont like the red color and fishy smell. They also mostly sink for me. My fish eat it but it looks like they don't really want to.

I prefer nls which has a good size pellet and doesn't sink as much. (even though it says semi-floating). I think nls is cheaper by the ounce too. All my fish eat it quickly.

After that I like hikari because all the bettas I had so far seem to eat it with more enthusiasm. It floats really well. They changed formula so I make sure to buy the old formula. Fish meal is first ingredient in old formula. My fish like hikari the best I think.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #8 
lelei

Omega One sinks..rrrghh I am wasting the food, they dont see it, cuz they so used to Hakari..which does float..and you can guide it to them, if for any reason they don't get it, but when it goes down..it's gone..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #9 
LizzyP

I feed both my fish OOBB and they seem to love it. I don't have a problem with them sinking too fast, but I also make sure to have the boys attention so when I drop it in they see it. I love how small they are so the fish have no issues chewing.

Hope this helps you :)
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #10 
xShainax

They love them :)