Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Everyone i said i fixed using laptop light pointed at me and giving them 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #22 
homegrown terror

whoa there! take it easy on the red bulls and no-doz! we're not attacking you, just trying to offer advice and suggestions for how you and your fish can inhabit the same space. we all know that people, just like fish, all have specific personal needs. no one was criticising you for having difficulties with the situation, just trying to help :)

my brother has asperger's as well, so i've got a bit of experience with it, and i can definitely see how something as peaceful and beautiful as fish would help. here's wishing you many years of love from your soggy friends!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What kind of aspie is your brother I am the fish aspie a lot of the people in my area see me as a fish genius/ genius anyway.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #24 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
What kind of aspie is your brother I am the fish aspie a lot of the people in my area see me as a fish genius/ genius anyway.
he's got it big with the socially awkward end of it, and intolerance to noise disturbance (radio static is like nails on a chalkboard to him)...his biggest positive fixation was/is with color matching/coordinating, actually makes him pretty good as a retail window dresser (putting outfits on the mannequins you see in the windows of clothing stores)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Your brother sounds like a great guy.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #26 
shellieca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I am exposed to 24 hour lighting and I have had my fish a while I can not leave them in darkness I have a phobia of darkness.
Are you talking about leaving the tank lights on 24 hrs or your room lights on 24 hrs? If its tank lights I say don't leave them on 24 hrs. If its the room lights there shouldn't be a problem. My tanks are failry dark when just getting room light & I would guess the same to be true for others. Unless of course you have really bright lights. You could put a towel, curtain or something over the tank to simulate night time for the tank.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Shellica look above I said I do 12 dark 12 light.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

ChocolateBetta, you need to calm down and realize that people are not out to attack you. They're only trying to help you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I switched to 12 hour.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #30 
PaintingPintos

The one thing I'd like to mention is that even though while you may be exposed to light 24 hours a day, you have eyelids and you sleep. Therefore you are able to escape from the light for the period of time that you sleep, and while you fall asleep your subconscious will probably send signals to pull your sheets over your eyes to block the light. You will not realize you are doing it, you probably will never know, but you're doing it anyway. No matter what your phobia is, your brain will do all it can to protect your body and it definitely does not stop just because you're sleeping.
Fish, like already mentioned before me, have no eyelids and they must rely on their instincts to find shelter....however, their brains do not work subconsciously like yours will and they can't exactly move while they're sleeping.

It's excellent that you care about your fish so much though!
Good luck ♥
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote