Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #101 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It's probably good for Leo go throw all that stuff up, even though you have to clean all that stuff up. I'd be afraid that rubber would mess up his digestive system. But maybe what he doesn't throw up he'll poop out. Lol
LOL...yeah, he's fine today. I really have to watch him..I'm used to "normal" sized puppies..he is so big he can eat a lot of stuff!! Ha ha ha...it's all good.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #102 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good to hear Leo is doing better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #103 
Bettanewbie60

Smile Great day for animals....

I had the best day today! It is Rob's day off, so that's good. We went to Pet Supplies Plus to get our dog's food, and the shelter adoption van was there. I went to say hello to my friend, the director of the shelter to let her know how Leo is doing, and right as I walked up there a young couple was adopting Leo's sister, Carly!! My timing could not have been better...I am so excited to know she has a home now too, and that I got to witness it. She recognized me too, and came over for hugs and kisses. Then, when we went into the pet store of course I had to check out the bettas. All of the employees there know me now, and we usually chat. Well, the female cashier who I had a spat with over betta care is still working there..however, the betta on the counter is in a 1g kritter keeper now, not a glass. The cashier recognized me as I was discussing bettas with another employee she says, "Oooh, your the "betta lady" Lol...I was talking about a nice dragon scale they have there and one of the employees decided to purchase him, another animal getting a home. The best part was when we got to the car and hubby told me that the girl purchasing the betta had said she needed to get a tank/container for him, and the girl who I had told off about bettas said to her, "Don't get one of those", and pointed to the glass that previously held the betta I had defended! LOL..I can't save them all, but it's nice to know I am making a difference in educating. It was a good day in the animal rescue world..yup!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #104 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's a nice feeling to know that you're making a difference. How exciting that Leo 's sister got a home! I walked to Petsmart today and saw all the dogs and cats up for adoption. Poor things. I hope they all get homes.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #105 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
It's a nice feeling to know that you're making a difference. How exciting that Leo 's sister got a home! I walked to Petsmart today and saw all the dogs and cats up for adoption. Poor things. I hope they all get homes.
Yeah, our local shelter sets up at PSP every two weeks...that is how we found our second dog Casey too~ I'm just so glad that my prayers were answered. I felt so bad leaving Carly there when we got Leo...but, now I can rest my heart knowing she got a home...I bet she feels awesome tonight..in a real house and not in the shelter...lol, I'm gonna cry from happiness just thinkin' about it!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #106 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, it makes me want to cry too! I'm sure she's very happy right now.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #107 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Aww, it makes me want to cry too! I'm sure she's very happy right now.
Me too...I just teared up again thinking of it. It's cool how she remembered me too..it's been a month since she came to my house...sigh...some days are just really good.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #108 
Bettanewbie60

Surf is UP! Thanks to Isaac the waves here are up to 7 feet...time to grab my boogie board, sun block and a snack and head to the island! I need to get out of the house. I love my four legged and fin bearing family, but I need a break! Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #109 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you go out there be careful!!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #110 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
If you go out there be careful!!
Thanks...sorry to say I didn't get there today...so much to do around the house, but it's cool..it was kinda dangerous anyway. I went out body boarding during Tropical Storm Fay when the waves were 12 feet! It was crazy..but, fun!