Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #71 
Alcemistnv

Hmmmmmm

I don't want a fennec fox

But a regular fox yes.
But I'd have to move out of New York for one.

I actually know someone who has two foxes. They were from a breeder that "specializes" in more "domesticated" foxes for people. Of course, they still do have their wild tendencies, but she's able to take them out on walks and everything o.O

However, having an exotic pet and taking care of it requires LOTS of work, time, and money. Even a wolf hybrid is ridiclously difficult to care for. A good friend of mine has a hybrid and she spends 2 hours every morning of just doing basic training with the dog to prepare for the rest of the day. She also constantly deals with a destroyed house. She has acres of land for it to run around. And also, just about the whole town she lives in needs to know she owns a hybrid. That's because if someone sees it, and mistakes it for a wild animal, they can shoot it.

Last edited by Alcemistnv; 07-16-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #72 
PaintingPintos

Well, Fennec Foxes are extremely cute and friendly once tamed, and whoever says WILD animals belong in the WILD....
Well, how were domesticated animals domesticated?
Not all were harshly treated and beaten into submission.
For example, voles make much better pets than hamsters, and they are already very tame once you catch them. I don't know why nobody has domesticated voles already.
There is a breeding project developing in Russia. 50 wild foxes were caught, and the tamest ones were bred. Over the course of 50 years, the foxes are developing strange coat patterns, completely changing color, and are gaining curly tails. The ones that are in the newest generations are so tame that they whine and squeal and hop onto "their people" when let out of their enclosures. When let off of a leash, they will run around they owners, trying to engage them in play. Children can pick them up and the foxes will be overwhelmed with joy.
You people have very closed minds.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #73 
Fawnleaf

I agree with PaintingPintos. That IS how animals become domesticated. However, you do have to be sure that you know what you are dealing with when you get the animal. You need to be prepared to meet their needs, and many exotic pets end up being injured or killed because their owners were unprepared. But I think that if you are, there is nothing wrong with it.
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #74 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
You people have very closed minds.
I don't appreciate that harsh remark. I find it uncalled for. I am one of the most open minded people I know!

Besides, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion based on the facts. If we all thought the same way, and we weren't all different, the world would be a bland and boring place. I for one embrace the individuality I have.

Please don't be so reprimanding just because someone else has a different opinion than yours. Its just rude.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #75 
SDragon

I would so get one. Ok at first I thought it was a chihuahua.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote