Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Smile Great day for animals!

I had the best day today! It is Rob's day off, so that's good. We went to Pet Supplies Plus to get our dog's food, and the shelter adoption van was there. I went to say hello to my friend, the director of the shelter to let her know how Leo is doing, and right as I walked up there a young couple was adopting Leo's sister, Carly!! My timing could not have been better...I am so excited to know she has a home now too, and that I got to witness it. She recognized me too, and came over for hugs and kisses. Then, when we went into the pet store of course I had to check out the bettas. All of the employees there know me now, and we usually chat. Well, the female cashier who I had a spat with over betta care is still working there..however, the betta on the counter is in a 1g kritter keeper now, not a glass. The cashier recognized me as I was discussing bettas with another employee she says, "Oooh, your the "betta lady" Lol...I was talking about a nice dragon scale they have there and one of the employees decided to purchase him, another animal getting a home. The best part was when we got to the car and hubby told me that the girl purchasing the betta had said she needed to get a tank/container for him, and the girl who I had told off about bettas said to her, "Don't get one of those", and pointed to the glass that previously held the betta I had defended! LOL..I can't save them all, but it's nice to know I am making a difference in educating. It was a good day in the animal rescue world..yup!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I already posted in your other thread but I'm so glad it was a good day for animals. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I already posted in your other thread but I'm so glad it was a good day for animals. :)
Yeah, sorry for the repost.. but, not many read my journal and I am so wanting to share good news...thank you DQ
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, dogs, rescues