Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #21 
prodrumernate

from what i can tell the people at pet stores dont know anything about pets and im sure many dont own any.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #22 
Goldie2nd

Oh wow so maybe I can work there, i;ve owaned many diffent kinds of pets. From bird to salt water fish. Thoguh I was akid when we had those but other than that i remeber the basics. :) Cept for the Salt water fish.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #23 
prodrumernate

i think they also look at personality as well..who u r and not what u own.or so much the experience.though i think a lot of these people that get the jobs say they have experience but dont.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #24 
Goldie2nd

Ha I have some experience so maybe I should see if I can do this thing :)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #25 
prodrumernate

i would go for it :)
Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #26 
Pitluvs

Most pet stores where I live want you to be dumb as a stump when it comes to animals, so you'll just sell the in house products and not ask questions lol I have been told that I am over qualified to work at my local pet store, in other words, I won't sel their junk and therefore not make huge sales on death traps.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #27 
Goldie2nd

Oooh I see well that makes sense as to why hmmm.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Most pet stores where I live want you to be dumb as a stump when it comes to animals, so you'll just sell the in house products and not ask questions lol I have been told that I am over qualified to work at my local pet store, in other words, I won't sel their junk and therefore not make huge sales on death traps.
That's just... Sad.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #29 
KukaaKatchou

Otos can be touch and go for the first couple days. I hear they use a poison to stun them to catch them and they are basically staRving when you get them. My first two died in the first day and a half ... I went back and the guy gave me some that had been at the store about a week (and getting fed) and these guys are going strong - they even survived an ich infection! And they love a zucchini slice weighted down or clipped.
KukaaKatchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #30 
MollyJean

My closest pet store is an hour away.. more if there is traffic. They know nothing about bettas.. or fish in general, I think. All of their tanks are green and slimy.. I hate going there. But when I am out that way I do go in, just to look. A few months back I was in there and one girl was on the computer at the main desk looking at her facebook page... If they can facebook, they can research the animals they have to care for. I'm sorry but it only takes a few minutes to look up basic care for an animal so they can give the right information. Walmart is the same. I was in there getting paint brushes and couldn't find the ones I wanted, even though the website said they had them.. so the woman pulled up the website right in front of me, found the brushes and looked up the UPS to find them in the store... If they can do that, again, why can't they type it into a search and find out what an animal really needs if they don't know. People are so... odd!
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote