Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #31 
teeneythebetta

Not sure if youve read this yet- don't rinse your filter cartridge in tap water... That will kill off BB (beneficial bacteria). To get off any excess junk, just swish it in a bucket of used tank water... Just an extra tip (;

How is the little guy? Has he come out of his shell yet? :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #32 
banehardy5609

Thanks for the tip. :D

Yup! He comes up to the water whenever I come by. :) And he's not swimming away when he sees my finger dropping in the food. I'm so glad that I decided to get a betta because he's so cute and entertaining. :D

Oh and I remember in a video u said not to use freeze dried food because it's processed, but would it be ok to use once in a while to teach tricks like jumping up for food? I can try using frozen blood worms for that but I'm not sure if it would work as well. :S
banehardy5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #33 
LebronTheBetta

FD foods are fine to feed actually. Just feed sparing because they are prone to bloat Bettas. It's great he's finally getting to you. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #34 
banehardy5609

Ok. :)

Ya I'm so glad that he is. :D
Old 08-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #35 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by banehardy5609 View Post
Thanks for the tip. :D

Yup! He comes up to the water whenever I come by. :) And he's not swimming away when he sees my finger dropping in the food. I'm so glad that I decided to get a betta because he's so cute and entertaining. :D

Oh and I remember in a video u said not to use freeze dried food because it's processed, but would it be ok to use once in a while to teach tricks like jumping up for food? I can try using frozen blood worms for that but I'm not sure if it would work as well. :S
FD is ok but you just have to be cautious as to how much you use.. But if you already have frozen, those are better and I think your fish would like them more. (:
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #36 
banehardy5609

Oh ok. :)
Old 08-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #37 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by banehardy5609 View Post
Perseusmom: I've heard about the Prime water conditioner and I'm probably going to get that one. :)

Aw man the power outage sucks. :(

I was recommended to try a product called nutrafin cycle. And to do 25% once a week water changes. Have any of you heard of the nutrafin product?
I think Prime is the best stuff going.. but there are other good ones. I found this link useful: http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/rev-cond.htm

And Dr Timms bacteria does help. Got my barracks cycled a little quicker.. still took over a month but I was cycling 2 and used half what I should have.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote