Betta Fish Forum banner

Other Fish Photos

94K views 679 replies 95 participants last post by  firemage 
#1 ·
A place to share your non betta fish photos :)

My school of red eyed tetras, I love these guys and wish I had room for more of them.

My huge female scissor tail, she's between 3" and 4". The male is in the background, He's only slightly shorter and way slimmer.

My blue(3 spot) Gourami, he's around 4"

See less See more
#164 ·
I hope so! Snape's really colored up nice. It's hard to see in the pictures, but his fins have this lovely lavender-ish tint. I've read that in kribs albinism is actually co-dominant so you can have heterozygous albinos as well as pure albinos. I'm positive Snape's heterozygous and I suspect Lily is as well, so I'm really interested to see if they'd produce mixed fry or all albino.

They've dug a cave under one of the rocks and every time I see them going over to it I'm hopeful, but nothing yet. Though, I'm pretty sure I see her breeding tube? I've seen some people say it only shows briefly when the female's actually laying the eggs, but I can't imagine what else I could be seeing. It's not part of a fin or anything. But the more I watch them the more I absolutely adore them. xD

#168 ·
Yeah... And the cave my female seems to favor is one that I can't see into at all. xD So really the only way I'll be able to tell if anything happens is if Lily seems to be missing for a few days and then eventually turns up with fry. xD I kind of think they're young and don't really know how to go about courtship yet. I keep seeing Lily swim over to Snape and I think she wants to try attracting him, but then she gets distracted by bits of food left on the sand and they'll just start poking around in the sand.

But her belly is definitely redder and larger than it was when I brought her home, so hopefully soon they'll figure it out. If they do, you can be sure there'll be tons of pic spams from me with the fry. The only fry I've ever dealt with was guppy fry, so I'm definitely excited to see a spawn with a species that cares for their fry instead of just trying to nom on them.

#172 ·
Yup, With Malina and her siblings I had to remove the eggs because of my pleco and keep them in net breeders. When the parents raise the babies they will fan the eggs with their fins to keep fungus from growing on them(and eat any that develop fungus). You can feed the babies micro worms and starter foods but the parents sometimes chew food up and spit it out for the fry to eat. Cichlids are the absolute best parents :D

#170 ·
I need to post some of my fish, rummynose and an endler from Sakura. The endler is a bit harder to get a picture of because right now he is alone, I am working on getting him females or males, but the petstore that has them is out of stock. They have my number though, so when they get more they will call and I can get some.

#174 · (Edited)
I was pretty young and had no idea what I was doing so not too many survived. I gave some away and kept two. Malina's brother who had gold eyes died at around 4", I didn't know a lot about fish and didn't do nearly enough water changes unfortunately. I've learned so much from this forum, When I joined I was keeping my king betta with Malina and only used distilled water D:

I miss having cichlids, maybe one day when I can afford a bigger tank I'll have them again :) I'd love to do a huge amazon biotype tank
I'd like a tank similar to this where it looks like roots

or if I become filthy rich lol

I finally got a decent photo of my Paradise fish flaring his gill covers, second photo he's flaring his pretty fins.

#176 ·
We sure have lol

And wow, he does have a lot of similarities to a fire mouth XD I can call him my mini cichlid because he sure acts like one until he meets someone tougher, then he's sad and pathetic as he hides in the corner ;-;

#181 ·
our friends are moving to arizona next year and are bequeathing us their 40 gallon guppy tank rather than move it so far. i'm both excited and daunted by this development :D

#185 ·
Moving my 48g isn't too bad, I drain the tank and put the fish in either buckets or bags. I haven't moved to another house but I think it's be ok.

@thekoimaiden
When I move out I either want to buy another little pond or take the pond in the backyard lol although the backyard pond is always covered in black widows when it's pulled out of the frame D:

My African butterfly fish finally started eating flakes today :D I still buy him some live, but maybe once a week instead of everyday XD

#189 ·
My rummies and endler!

I love these rummies! It is so awesome to have a schooling fish that actually schools 10 in the 15 gallon is awesome.
Freshwater aquarium Aquarium decor Aquarium Botany Adaptation

Freshwater aquarium Fish Aquarium decor Aquarium Feeder fish

This little guy was timid at first and was always getting chased by Rarity and Belle, now he swims with them (He needs more endlers which I'm working on) though he is afraid of my hands so getting pictures is hard.
Fish Freshwater aquarium Fish Feeder fish Aquarium

Plant Flower Grass Aquarium decor Aquarium

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.