Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #11 
Aahnay

Lol, rof lol. hanging by a thread, omg you are sooo lucky.

I need to make some dividers, and there isnt any available, god, no aquarium silicon available here. walmart had it but stopped carrying it, here. So i have to order in the mail and the shipping will be more than the silicon, lol If i had all the money I paid in shipping for the last few months, Id have a lot more tanks! hahaha.

yeah slink is so funny.. I watch him watching Georgie.. I can see it in his body the second hes going for the tank. lol He spotted the babies in the qt last night and leaned up to look at them, but they swam away. You cant see very far into the QTs.

your avatar? is that a mouse? or rat? looks like a tiny foot there..
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #12 
pyro fiend

lol thats too funny!!

and my avatar would be a little baby rat :) shes my most curious and playfull one. she investigated my buddies parakeet [didnt see her at the moment] and opened his cage from the food dish, it climbed on her back. and she started toting him around on her back the other day i WISH i had a camera then.. was too cute!
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #13 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
nel id be carefull with those plastic mesh if that is your cricket tank. i did the same thing a year or so back for both my B.dubias and crickets. my crickets jumped up and would latch onto the plastic and chew till there little hearts content. i ended up having to switch to screen mesh.

haha burning holes sucks indeed, i do it for my snake racks. but wow thats s weird f your cat. all my familys cats are scared of the bettas. the fish moves.. and all you see is 'a furr outline where they once stood" only one who likes the fish here is the pug. and all he does is bark at it till it comes to front of the 10g. then hell get up there and watch it.. it dont bother that fish in front room but it scares my other 2 lol little boy in front rooms like "oh doggy barked lets swim to the front and SHOW OFF!!yAy!!" lol

i have 2 2L Kis boxes and 1 5.7L Rubbermaid box and a small 1L KK. i havent seen any cricket yet to eat plastic. i know certain animals will still try ie my hamster from many years ago. she ate the tips of the plastic spokes holding the plastic excersise wheel for a mobile running wheel. she couldnt digest plastic and it was her downfall.

i dont keep a constant supply of crickets. i usually get 2 dozen and feed them all within 2 weeks. usually 5-9 die off and the rest are fed. i leave all of them vacant for 2-3 weeks as crickets are a pain to take care of, not to mention noisy. i dont know if this is the reason why i dont see much damage but i try to keep a maximum of 7 to 9 in the boxes. i have a tiny 1l KK which transported my gecko upon purchase. that gets 8 crickets max. the 2L get 9 max but most of the time i dont have more than 8 in any given box. i take 5-6 crickets upon purchase of new crickets to feed to my gecko within 2 days, he doesnt go for all of them at once. the 5.7L box is the feeding box and at times 24hr storage for the ones marked for feeding
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #14 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
my city doesnt have any of the aquarium silicon.
I find that hard to believe. Maybe if you tried every major pet store and hardware stores you could find it. Southern Idaho has lots of large towns and small cities. I've been there!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #15 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I find that hard to believe. Maybe if you tried every major pet store and hardware stores you could find it. Southern Idaho has lots of large towns and small cities. I've been there!
Yeah well in my tiny town, there is none. there isnt any pet shops, or fish shops, nada, only walmart, one albertsons and one pauls, they dont carry it either, lol.

Ive lived here for 14 years, I do know. Yes, if I could get to a big city, one an hour away, or one 3 hours away, that would be really great, but with my truck it would cost about 90bucks to drive to the one an hour away, lol. Poor old truck. Used to get groceries and my water only.

Did you like southern idaho? Beautiful isnt it!

Pyro: omg omg omg... that just amazing... maybe put her in there and have camera at hand? lol what a great pic, or youtube..
Old 08-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #16 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
Yeah well in my tiny town, there is none. there isnt any pet shops, or fish shops, nada, only walmart, one albertsons and one pauls, they dont carry it either, lol.

Ive lived here for 14 years, I do know. Yes, if I could get to a big city, one an hour away, or one 3 hours away, that would be really great, but with my truck it would cost about 90bucks to drive to the one an hour away, lol. Poor old truck. Used to get groceries and my water only.

Did you like southern idaho? Beautiful isnt it!

Pyro: omg omg omg... that just amazing... maybe put her in there and have camera at hand? lol what a great pic, or youtube..
Wow, you must live in the boonies I like the part of Idaho that has trees, you can keep the desert.

If you feel comfortable PMing me your address I would be happy to send you some Aqueon silicone from Petco or I can check my THREE local Walmarts and see if they have any. My treat!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #17 
pyro fiend

@mel. well maybe my LPS just sold rataeded crickets. im not sure. i always kept potatos, romain letus and carrots in there, along with the gutload stuff. and ofcourse tubes and junk. but mine still tried to eat threw -.-

nay- lol maybe. it was two cute. the rats ony 4 weeks old. and the bird was full grown so its just like BAM mind blown lol
Old 08-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #18 
Aahnay

THREE LOCAL WMARTS! thanks for the offer...thats great... I ordered some, lol. But next time i need it!

pYRO, I can picture it. =)
Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #19 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
@nel. well maybe my LPS just sold rataeded crickets. im not sure. i always kept potatos, romain letus and carrots in there, along with the gutload stuff. and ofcourse tubes and junk. but mine still tried to eat threw -.-

nay- lol maybe. it was two cute. the rats ony 4 weeks old. and the bird was full grown so its just like BAM mind blown lol
i feed them lettuce, that brownish cricket feed and either carrot or cucumber. sometimes i put crushed cat food but rarely. ive tried making my own water cubes ie unflavored gelatin but it melts into a gooey watery mess. drowned a few crickets like that so i went with high water content veggies. ive only really put egg carton peices for them to hide in. how many crickets did you put in the size of container? im trying to find out the number so i know when it might be a bit too many per size of container.

Last edited by nel3; 08-26-2012 at 04:27 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #20 
pyro fiend

well i had liek 5 99l/q [i dnt remember which but it added up to about 25g] and i only kept like 500 or so in ea. [tho one kept over 1000 and i didnt have a single chew mark o.0]with alot of food. water supplies many hides.. my breeder tanks none got out. as hey are real tanks but these were my 'gtow out' tubs. and idono. no idea what went wrong there. iv sence moved almost all my lizards over to mealworms and B.Dubias. so i just use a 10g tank for maybe 300 at a time anymore.

btw nel i hear crushing the catfood will make them die quicket they like whole catfood. thats how i do my dubias.. whole cat food in 1 side of a food dish. the gell stuf fin the other :P wellw ith carrots n stuff too ofcourse.