Banned

Is the storm going to affect you?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #112 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Is the storm going to affect you?
We are on the east coast of Georgia, so not directly. We already have massive waves though, up to 8 feet last I checked, and the wind has been steady all day. This storm is so huge! If you look at the radar on the weather channel, and look just above Jacksonville Florida, you can see where I am...an hour north of there in Georgia. I'm being cautious though. I don't trust hurricanes lol.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #113 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just saw Jacksonville on the radar.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #114 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I just saw Jacksonville on the radar.
Yup...I am not far from there...and I live right on the coast. If you google Brunswick Georgia you can see where I live..it's a cool place. I go to the beach on St. Simon's Island.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #115 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw Brunswick on the map. It looked like there were thunderstorms a ways off the coast.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #116 
Bettanewbie60

So, I brought home my 6th betta today! I told myself that my next betta would be "special"...cool tail/color type ya know? Well, even though I promised myself that I would not buy another betta from the big W...I walked through there today, and yeah..I was looking at all of the sad, dying bettas...I told myself to walk away..and there he was...he turned in his cup and looked at me...and I put myself in his place...all that death all around me...shoot, I just couldn't leave him. I hate promoting the big W and their treatment of betta fish, but the guilt of leaving him would have been worse. I now have a new VT...he looks orange right now, but I'm not sure he'll stay that way. He is doing great already..he even ate a couple of pellets! I'm working on another "B" name(s)...hmmmmm. I hope he does well, and I'm glad I brought him home.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #117 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sure he'll change colors or become more vibrant. I can't think of any b names except. Blueberry but he's not blue. Lol
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #118 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I'm sure he'll change colors or become more vibrant. I can't think of any b names except. Blueberry but he's not blue. Lol
Yeah, I'm thinking he might change color too...and LOL @ Blueberry THAT would get people scratching their heads! I'm thinking of calling him Brady (spirited)...middle name? Hmmm...Beck means Brook...or Blaine means flame...or Brady Bliss? I don't know...I'm so particular about the meanings lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #119 
dramaqueen
Banned

Brand, Braden, Blake, Barney/ I can't think of anymore. lol
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #120 
Bettanewbie60

So, I've managed to run some errands, picked up Pepsi at CVS for 4/$11...went to Publix and got some of those Chinese noodles that hubby likes for FREE! I came home, sewed a button on hubby's fav shorts, fed the dogs, fed me...and just put dogs down for the nap..yes, my dogs have nap times. I would never get anything done if they didn't. I posted this morning about Buddy Blue acting strange, he still seems a bit out of sorts, but better than before. I sometimes think he likes getting me all riled up! Anyway, hubby is off to work his second job...it's raining, the house is quiet...Nap, read, study lines, play computer games..housework? LOL...I don't know...The new betta is doing well so far. He is still clamped up, but already comes to the front when I enter the room, so he knows I'm the "food lady" already ha ha ha! I'm glad I brought him home. I should not feel this tired at 3:30 in the afternoon...I think it's the weather. Have a great day everyone!