Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #11 
prodrumernate

i know u can use acrylic or plastic sheeting for make a divider and drill holes into it.only plastic i have is tons of water bottles.of course its all bent. and not straight plastic.i may do a little more research online ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #12 
pyro fiend

well i didnt mention acrylic or glass due to sharp edges and expense, you dont even need to drill holes lol just need 2 filters in this case ;P i heard u can just use normal netting not sure how reliable itd be tho. but i personally have alot of that cloth around so wen/if i ever divide a tank ill just buy that one piece you need for edge ;p
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #13 
prodrumernate

i would file the edges down.just like u would glass if u were making a DIY aquarium. i actually thought of using regular clothes like some old bed sheets i have.but im sure it would dry rot or something.though i just need something temporarily until my job calls me up to start work..i may have to wait till then so i can just buy 1..i dont have 2 filters..well i do but 1 if for like a 50+ gallon..and im diving my 10 gallon.the filter might be a little too big ;)
Old 08-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #14 
pyro fiend

i dont knooow it may be too little lol yea. itd be tough to keep normal cloth or even silk on tank w.oo puting silicone.. n silicone dont like to come off.. lol

but 50+ gallon may be too small for a 10 my 15g turtle tank has a 180g filter and bettas little bigger thn him ;P
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #15 
Pitluvs

Put the old rocks in some panty hose and tie up. Put the new rocks in the tank and then set the old rocks in panty hose on the new rocks. Leave it there for 2 weeks and then remove the old rocks. Won't harm your cycle since the old rocks help the new rocks.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #16 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
i dont knooow it may be too little lol yea. itd be tough to keep normal cloth or even silk on tank w.oo puting silicone.. n silicone dont like to come off.. lol

but 50+ gallon may be too small for a 10 my 15g turtle tank has a 180g filter and bettas little bigger thn him ;P
lol haha exactly..it would be way too small for my tank.kinda like taking a 2 gallon filter and using it for a 300 gallon tank..i thought about using plastic bottles and hot gluing the clothe into the bottles.like cutting out the bottles and making plastic strips kinda like the way they use the report cover holders..
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #17 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Put the old rocks in some panty hose and tie up. Put the new rocks in the tank and then set the old rocks in panty hose on the new rocks. Leave it there for 2 weeks and then remove the old rocks. Won't harm your cycle since the old rocks help the new rocks.
i thought bout doing something like that.not sure where i can get the panty hose..im out of money,havent started my new job yet.though i can wait.i still need to clean the rocks and i usually take about a week to do everything to make sure its done properly and cleaned..
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #18 
pyro fiend

idono about the rock thing. never heard of it. but i woudlnt think it could rly keep out something like ick or anything serious. fungal, maybe. but idono. i personally never use unknown people for items in my tanks. but you seem to have got a good deal so -shrugs- dont take my advice im retarded ;p

the plastic bottle thing.. is unique.. no lie.. but idk how well itd work or how youd get off. may be better off in craigslist askin for the items for cheap/free ;P
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #19 
prodrumernate

im kinda hesitant about the rocks and other decor.i have done it before.a guy that gave me my 20 gallon long for free posted on craigslist a big tub full of aquarium stuff.i think like 5 power heads.2 dual output filters.coral,plant food.tubing.scrubbers.fake plants,bioballs.basically everything i need to setup several large tanks.im using the plants and a few other things from it.for the past several months and no problem..

actually just made a powerhead filter for my 20 gallon hex and havent had a problem.though i cleaned everything.the rocks have been sitting outside im sure all summer and considering it gets over 110 F many weeks here.and its dry outside except the past 2 or 3 weeks because of our monsoon season..i feel things r pretty clean.but wont take the chance.

the way i want to mount the plastic bottle thing is using suction cups.when i got that tub for 20 dollars off craigslist.he gave me several suction cups as well.ive used some on home made bio filters.have 3 left.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #20 
pyro fiend

wow nice.. i personally would be skitzo with buying things for fish. i bought a bigger hide for my tortoise once.. n i didnt bleach it because i thought it would be fine it was just a half circle hide thing.. and it ended up giving him some kind of fungal thing n it died ;'(